JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Admin: If this is in the wrong Forum, please move.

Researching a possible move from Florida to Clark County, WA and came across this indoor range that is similar to the one I shoot at now where they allow you to draw from the holster and perform reloads, etc. after demonstrating competency.

Currently to help sustain my skills I visit this Florida range once a week with a planned 50 round course of fire.

I would really appreciate intel from anyone here who frequents SafeFire range, as this could become my go-to place.

Thanks in advance.

I shoot there fairly often, definitely the nicest indoor range I've ever been to. Very friendly staff, and a good amount of guns to rent.

SafeFire is a nice indoor range. Kind of exspensive. I know some of the former LEOs that work there.
But that is not the only shooting ranges in the area. I belong to Clark Rifles that has 2 different
outdoor ranges, Vancouver Rifle and Pistol indoor range

Last Edited:
SafeFire is a nice indoor range. Kind of exspensive. I know some of the former LEOs that work there.
But that is not the only shooting ranges in the area. I belong to Clark Rifles that has 3 different
outdoor ranges, Vancouver Rifle and Pistol indoor range and Cascade Sportsman's Club in Stevenson WA.
Thank you. Do these outdoor ranges allow you to draw from the holster, etc. or is that limited to group activities such as USPSA, IDPA, etc?

Yes you can draw from a holster. Clark requires certification. Also across the river in Oregon
I shoot at several large gun clubs. I am not a member but the matches are open to the public.
TCGC, DRRC and ERGC.
Outstanding. Thank you.

I belong to Wolverton Mountain Gun Club. You can draw and practice there too. Not sure what the wait-time is.

It is about the same drive time for me from my house to Safe Fire or WMGC. I guess it depends on which side of town you are moving to.

...and you can't even get on the wait
...and you can't even get on the waitlist!
If you know a member that will sponsor you, you can get on the waitlist.
Also, in the interest of getting younger folks involved in the shooting sports , younger shooters, between 18years of age, and 24 years of age, may be allowed to jump the wait list.
Best,
Gary

I shoot there fairly often, definitely the nicest indoor range I've ever been to. Very friendly staff, and a good amount of guns to rent.
This ^

SafeFire is an outstanding indoor range, and compared to the ones down where I live in Oregon, it's fairly inexpensive too. The RSOs all seem very friendly and always willing to help out the shooters. Welcome to the area ;)

I too have had good experiences at safefire. They require a mask but not when you are shooting.

Our Governor has a mask mandate indoors and also outside in public spaces.
No stores I frequent give two squats if your masked or not.

SafeFire does allow drawing from the holster once you pass a straightforward compentancy demonstration. You can do this either by taking their holster course or through a private lesson. PM me if you want more details.

SafeFire is probably the best indoor range in the region and Tri-County the best outdoor one - IMHO. FYI - I am a member at both.

SafeFire allows you to draw from holster after you pass a certification test and I believe there is an annual fee involved. They allow you to shoot up to 30.06, use your own ammo (including reloads), and collect your brass (that is behind the firing line). Aside from costs (not too bad if you become a member and shoot a lot there) for me the only downside is its maximum distance is 25 yards.

Tri-County has many different ranges on its property including action ranges/pits. You need to get certified to use the action ranges and they are where you can draw from a holster.

I would stay in Florida. You do know this is a blue state with mail in voting - right? It will never ever be a red state. It will only get bluer and bubblegumtier.

Otherwise, SafeFire is a good place.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads