JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope this is the correct place to post this, but I thought I would just try it.
For the past year, a work buddy and myself have set up volunteers to help support the Reynolds High School JROTC program. I have to say, the program is a huge success. Last year they ended up with a 100% graduate rate of all the seniors that went into the program. That is better than the Leadership program offered in the school. After working with the Cadets and leadership. On Friday, we went and helped them re-organize and clean their class room and storage area. In the class room was trophy case that was empty. It needs some stuff in it. So, i wanted to reach out to military folks on here and ask, if you have any old gear, that you would loan or donate to the program, please contact me and I will get you in tough with the Col. James. They need the support and the visuals.

I did JROTC in Walla Walla for 5 years. 8th-12th grade. The program there has about 100-200 students in it. It had/as two active drill teams and a rifle team. If the class is small you can still have a rifle team. The Students can compete in the region for trophies. I believe they still have a non open class rifle which is low cost to get into.

I was in JROTC in High School as well with the Armed Drill Team. We used to practice with 2" PVC pipe filled with sand. It was fun, and it inspired work ethic and discipline. I think I might have some gear in a foot locker from the sandbox in storage.

2" PVC pipe filled with sand? instead of rifles? We used decommission 1903's in the wood stock. We also had some in fiberglass stocks for tossing and spins. There is also a armory at the school. And a working rifle range.

I was in JROTC in High School as well with the Armed Drill Team. We used to practice with 2" PVC pipe filled with sand. It was fun, and it inspired work ethic and discipline. I think I might have some gear in a foot locker from the sandbox in storage.
That would be awesome, if you want, please IM me and I can get you in touch with one of the staff and they can coordinate with you. It would be great to help their program

2" PVC pipe filled with sand? instead of rifles? We used decommission 1903's in the wood stock. We also had some in fiberglass stocks for tossing and spins. There is also a armory at the school. And a working rifle range.

We only used rifles during actual competition. The PVC we could take home and while practicing we could throw/drop them and they can really take a beating. I wouldn't want to have been using our M1 Garands when we were learning and practicing Aerials and Ninjas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top