JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, hmm, I guess you never know how good some hand guns are. I'm not going to trade my P226 MK25 anytime soon but it's nice to see you don't need to spend a grand to get a tough, reliable pistol.

CZ handguns are probably a good alternative to SIGs too.

Besides the functionality, there is also the issue of support; e.g., finding mags, parts, aftermarket accessories and service/mods.

Since I started down the road of the SIGness, I pretty much am sticking with SIGs.

If I were to start over again, I might go with CZs due to them being generally less expensive and CZ being more willing to innovate/improve their SA/DA metal framed guns and not drop them (e.g., P227) when they run into the least little hiccup.

I dunno, given the ability to design and engineer digitally then output with consistency and accuracy on multi axis CNC machining, it's not a surprise that an inexpensive pistol can be as accurate and reliable as a better established, more expensive one. Where they fall down is poor ergonomics then marketing and 3rd party support.

These tests are fun, but there's a randomness too pushing it to the sand and mud-it only takes a couple of grains of sand difference between go and no -go.
Is this where you want looser tolerances, maybe more dirt in, but allowing debris to fall/flush out or tighter tolerances to stop dirt getting in , but then the dirt that does get in jamming it up ?

Last Edited:
If I were to start over again, I might go with CZs due to them being generally less expensive and CZ being more willing to innovate/improve their SA/DA metal framed guns and not drop them (e.g., P227) when they run into the least little hiccup.
CZ also, at least with the metal framed guns, has magazine compatibility among models of the same caliber. Their full size mags will fit any of the compact or subcompact models.

It's of course hard to make real judgments on one gun test like this but, I have to say the clone was damned impressive there. I know if I was in the market for one of these I would be wanting to buy the clone after seeing this.

You guys realize that video is from 2016, right? And this guy really games his so-called "torture tests," which have little to do with how most of us carry or use our pistols.

And if the Rex Zero 1 was so good and stood the test of time (well, only five years), what happened to it?

I'll stick to my Legions. The SIG P-226, old or new, are well proven. The Rex Zero, not so much, and certainly nothing proven by MAC Channel dude, whose videos I can't stand watching anymore.
226xxx.jpg

Holy 5 yr. old vid batman!

MAC is a known SIG-hater channel. After his d-baggery with the SVD imports, I wouldn't put it past him to limp-wrist or otherwise sabotage to get the results he's looking for in these tests.

I wouldn't trust this guy further than I could throw him.

You guys realize that video is from 2016, right? And this guy really games his so-called "torture tests," which have little to do with how most of us carry or use our pistols.

And if the Rex Zero 1 was so good and stood the test of time (well, only five years), what happened to it?

I'll stick to my Legions. The SIG P-226, old or new, are well proven. The Rex Zero, not so much, and certainly nothing proven by MAC Channel dude, whose videos I can't stand watching anymore.
View attachment 1053234
Why the shot shells in the photo?

Holy 5 yr. old vid batman!

MAC is a known SIG-hater channel. After his d-baggery with the SVD imports, I wouldn't put it past him to limp-wrist or otherwise sabotage to get the results he's looking for in these tests.

I wouldn't trust this guy further than I could throw him.
I wouldn't call Mac a Sig hater at all. He bought 3 or 4 of the P365's with his own money to test them out, and kept them all. He doesn't bash Sig, or any maker but will point out when his samples break or just don't work as intended.

If a content creator has to make a vid titled "I'm not a Sig basher..." Guess what? That's exactly what a Sig basher would do.

Guy has zero clout. I could continue on and on about what a fraud he is, but I'll leave that up to others to figure out on their own.

Why the shot shells in the photo?
Why not? They were out and added some color...

They started slacking on QC and using MIM parts when Ron Cohen took the helm. They are not the same as they use to be.
Name me any production handgun manufacturers that don't use any MIM parts. And there's nothing wrong with MIM these days. No, SIG is not the same as they used to be. They've evolved. They're still reliable and accurate pistols. I've been shooting them, issued them, and had 'em out for hard use in the real world for a long time. Own a couple, too...
lotsa SIGs.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads