JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You just blew my mind. Super neat-o idea. :D
Thank you.
The DeLisle is based on the Enfield action. I wonder if that action is strong enough to handle the .500....Cartirdge pressures are 49K for the .303. 60K for the .500....of course, would it really be that hard to move to a more modern action? o_O

I'd like to see a GP100 10-shot 22WMR. I also would like to see a Ruger or Smith start making a 357 maximum DA revolver. And what the heck, let's get a 22TCM revolver while I'm at it.

I've been interested in a .500 S&W lever-gun for some time. But I found what you did; pretty much custom and pricey.

I've been interested in a .500 S&W lever-gun for some time. But I found what you did; pretty much custom and pricey.

I went t/c encore and have both barrels. The .500 s&w magnum in a rifle is quite the wake up.

The thread asked for stuff they don't make but I wish they did. They already make the LCRx. And it's a 6 shot and I asked for a 10-shot. So, no, and LCRx will not suffice.

I'm sure few others would be interested, but I think it'd be neat if someone did a pocket revolver in .32acp... figure it could be lighter and more compact than even the modern small .38's but more practical than those NAA mini revolvers.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I just think about how much shorter and slimmer a cylinder could be (and thus also the frame to design around it) when compared with .38 special. For example, the typical .32 auto fmj cartridge more than half an inch shorter than .38 special in OAL.

Last Edited:
I'm sure few others would be interested, but I think it'd be neat if someone did a pocket revolver in .32acp... figure it could be lighter and more compact than even the modern small .38's but more practical than those NAA mini revolvers.

I've always wanted a mini-revolver in .32 ACP. I even wrote to NAA, they said they made one experimentally, but had no plans to put them in production. I forget if it was in .32 ACP or .32 H&R Magnum. They later sold the experimental one at auction.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I just think about how much shorter and slimmer a cylinder could be (and thus also the frame to design around it) when compared with .38 special. For example, the typical .32 auto fmj cartridge more than half an inch shorter than .38 special in OAL.
Remember, though, the rim is only .021", so you've to be super precise with extractor.
The .32 acp is .358" diameter at the rim. A .38 special is .440" at the rim.
Basically, a 5 shot .38 will have room for 6 .32's.
A 5-shot cylinder for .38 is already pretty slender. Approx. 1.5" in diameter.
However a 5-shot .32 acp could lessen that to, maybe, 1 3/8"-1 1/4".
I once compared a Taurus 85 to a Raven (maybe Phoenix...one of those) .25 pocket auto.
There was hardly any difference in the size, except for the cylinder of the revolver and even that wasn't all that different.
That right there had me asking, why carry a .25, when you could pack a .38 in literally the same size package.

Dean

Last Edited:
I wouldn't mind a modernized H&R-style top-break in .32 ACP. Better construction, tighter tolerances, more powerful cartridge over the anemic .32 S&W, but still small and handy.

Remember, though, the rim is only .021", so you've to be super precise with extractor.
The .32 acp is .358" diameter at the rim. A .38 special is .440" at the rim.
Basically, a 5 shot .38 will have room for 6 .32's.
A 5-shot cylinder for .38 is already pretty slender. Approx. 1.5" in diameter.
However a 5-shot .32 acp could lessen that to, maybe, 1 3/8"-1 1/4".
I once compared a Taurus 85 to a Raven (maybe Phoenix...one of those) .25 pocket auto.
There was hardly any difference in the size, except for the cylinder of the revolver and even that wasn't all that different.
That right there had me asking, why carry a .25, when you could pack a .38 in literally the same size package.

Dean

I suppose that's a good point, it would likely only be modestly slimmer, but the OAL thing would make a pretty significant difference all the same... heck .32acp is actually a hair shorter than even .22lr, but I suppose that's a bit subject to manufacturer tolerances, etc.

Yeah, but it must be loaded to a fairly high pressure.
It's only slightly longer than the .32 short, but more powerful than the .32 long.
I see where you're going though. Ultra slim AND ultra short. Super Compact.
5 shots?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads