JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sort of says it all. What wheelguns would you like that simply are not made?

I'll get the party started:

• A double-action, top-break in a relatively common centerfire caliber. (There is a crazy expensive modern Webley and there was a Russian prototype that never made it in. Ditto a strangely expensive mini-Webley made in India, but not imported. Other than that, I'm not aware of any.)
  • A snub-nose revolver chambered in .50 GI and fed from moon clips.
  • A modern .577 revolver sort of like the Bland-Pryse. It would be NFA (destructive device) but doable. Bowen made at least one, but correspondence with him indicates another is highly unlikely.
What are yours?
A well made "smallish" framed 9-shot .22LR in various barrel lengths that sells new for $99.99.

Ruger GP 200: A model with a slightly longer frame, and chambered in 41 magnum. One in a 4.5" stainless and one in a 3.5" blued or cerakote in their Wiley Clap style.

New made Break top/eject in Magnum calibers! :)
1575836284686.png
Something like the old Schofield or Webbly revolvers!

Last Edited:
I haven't seen anything offered on this yet.....but I think with the rising popularity of 2 newish cartridges to the market that there would be revolvers in the works for the 450 Bushmaster and the 350 Legend.

An 8" to 10" barrel would be pretty fun to shoot, and practical for those that are restricted to hunting with straight wall cartridges in certain states. I'd definitely buy one in 450 BM if Ruger or Magnum Research (BFR?) made one. No Hitlery Hole on a S&W for me....no thanks.

As a flip side to that, I know of the 500 S&W and the 460SW revolvers. Fine cartridges in their own right, and practical in their usage for that platform.

I would, however, like to see those cartridges offered in lever and bolt-gun rifles that are not unique and rare as hens teeth. There is one lever action rifle that I am aware of that offers those 2 calibers, but my wallet screams at the $2800 msrp.

Maybe Marlin, Henry, or Ruger could pull it off in the future. A lever or bolt-gun in either of those calibers would be a no-brainer in a rifle that doesn't take up half a months pay.

I haven't seen anything offered on this yet.....but I think with the rising popularity of 2 newish cartridges to the market that there would be revolvers in the works for the 450 Bushmaster and the 350 Legend.

The 350 Legend in a long cylinder revolver would be pretty close to the 357 Maximum, which itself was a pretty awesome handgun caliber. I foolishly sold the one I had ages ago. With the exception of making a 6 or 7 shot revolver on the X-Frame, I don't see anyone tooling up to make a long frame revolver. BFR, maybe?
I don't know about the BFR, but the X-Frame, even with a short 5" barrel, is a heavy brick to pack.

As a flip side to that, I know of the 500 S&W and the 460SW revolvers. Fine cartridges in their own right, and practical in their usage for that platform.

I would, however, like to see those cartridges offered in lever and bolt-gun rifles that are not unique and rare as hens teeth. There is one lever action rifle that I am aware of that offers those 2 calibers, but my wallet screams at the $2800 msrp.

Maybe Marlin, Henry, or Ruger could pull it off in the future. A lever or bolt-gun in either of those calibers would be a no-brainer in a rifle that doesn't take up half a months pay.
I would LOVE to see Ruger offer the 77 or Hawk Eye Guide series ( or both) in the .500 S&W chambering, with a 4 or 5 shot box magazine! That would be a serious shooter for anything big and nasty!;)

Do you think Ruger could stuff 9 in the Wrangler (Single-Six)?
I was thinking more along the lines of a "kit gun", like a S&W Model 34 (although I think the 63 is a 7 or 8 shooter) or a CA Pathfinder, both of which are 6 shot guns.
I'm just floored that the 9-shot .22 revolver isn't more prevelant.
A .38/.357 has a rim diameter of 0.440".
A .22 RF has a rim diameter of 0.278".
That means a 5 shot .38/.357 could also be turned into an 8 shot .22.....ok, not 9 shots specifically, but at least some advantage is being taken of the small size of the round as it relates to the size of the cylinder.
Either way, its still a compact gun and yes, I'm aware there are some revolvers that offer more than 6 shots, but the prices seem astronomical to me.
Why can't this be done?
...oh the days for a good 922 with a 4" barrel @ $70. :(

Before H&R closed up shop they made their single shot rifle in the 500 S&W. There was one for sale on a different forum a little while back that I had missed out on. It was being sold by an acquaintance of the owner and on that forum the incorrect email address of the owner was given.

My emails never reached the owner! It was sold to another guy who contacted the acquaintance for the sale, who then coordinated the sale through text messages.

Dang it all....

Rant over.....back to Revolvers

The 350 Legend in a long cylinder revolver would be pretty close to the 357 Maximum, which itself was a pretty awesome handgun caliber. I foolishly sold the one I had ages ago. With the exception of making a 6 or 7 shot revolver on the X-Frame, I don't see anyone tooling up to make a long frame revolver. BFR, maybe?
I don't know about the BFR, but the X-Frame, even with a short 5" barrel, is a heavy brick to pack.

I was thinking the Ruger Super Redhawk. But it would boil down to cylinder length obviously. The 480 Ruger has an OAL of 1.65" where as the 450 and 350 cartridges come in at 2.25-ish.

I don't know if the RSR has the available .6" cylinder length to facilitate the extra case length.

I've been interested in a .500 S&W lever-gun for some time. But I found what you did; pretty much custom and pricey.

...on that note, I wonder if a modern update of the DeLisle carbine could be had in .500 S&W?

You just blew my mind. Super neat-o idea. :D

I've been interested in a .500 S&W lever-gun for some time. But I found what you did; pretty much custom and pricey.

You just blew my mind. Super neat-o idea. :D

I remember a few years back when that company announced the production and release of that rifle. I read articles and reviews of it online and in print media. Beautiful rifle and no issues with it, definitely wouldn't want to spend all day at the range with it, more like a special rifle that would be zero'd and saved for the hunt.

I was ready and willing, expecting a $1000 to $1200 hit on the cash stash. Ouch was all I could muster when I saw the msrp. Too much too spend on a rifle that is almost too nice to get dirty....oh well.

Guess I'm staying with 45-70 and 444 for big bore lever actions.

I too couldn't come to terms with the cost, considering. Another one I'd love to see is a Winchester 92 clone in .50Æ. They make them in .44 Magnum, so why not the .50?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top