JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, oh, oh, oh!
I feel like Arnold Horshack.
I have a S&W Model 69. It's a slightly modified version of the L-Frame in 44 Magnum. It's a very good good revolver that could be great.
I wish it was available in 41 Mag. Then I think it would be perfect. It would be perfect for me, anyway. I really like the 41 Mag and think the L-Frame would make a great one.
I have a Model 69 and I completely agree. I don't understand why .41 Magnum doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Never understood why the .41 Magnum is the Rodney Dangerfield of revolver cartridges ("No respect ..."). It is a darn fine cartridge. Years ago I had a friend who was a 41-aholic and he wanted a Desert Eagle in said to complete his collection. I did a bit of leg work for him, found one, and he was delighted. (This was well before the online auctions were common.) :)

I would like a lightweight revolver 9mm Luger dedicated that can use half or full moon clips to reload. Ruger makes the Model 5456 in 9mm but it uses the same cylinder length/frame as their 5401 in .38 special. It makes their 9mm heavier and larger than necessary as the same revolver in .38.

Never understood why the .41 Magnum is the Rodney Dangerfield of revolver cartridges ("No respect ..."). It is a darn fine cartridge. Years ago I had a friend who was a 41-aholic and he wanted a Desert Eagle in said to complete his collection. I did a bit of leg work for him, found one, and he was delighted. (This was well before the online auctions were common.) :)
Just waiting for you...
S&W Model 57 no dash

I wish the more value priced single action revolvers had adjustable sights. The Rugers are expensive and I am only aware of the Cimarron Bad Boy in .44 Magnum.

I believe that ALL the .500 Magnums from Smith and Wesson are Stainless Steel and NOT a Chrome Finish.
Ok.... Let me re-specify. I don't want a shiny bling gun no matter what the "finish," I want them in black. The ones I've seen certainly aren't a tasteful matte stainless

Ok.... Let me re-specify. I don't want a shiny bling gun no matter what the "finish," I want them in black. The ones I've seen certainly aren't a tasteful matte stainless
Any SS Firearm can be made MATTE with the proper amount of Bead Blasting. It's a very simply process but needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing and has the proper equipment.

One that will likely never happen due to the nature of the beast; a large-frame revolver in .223 Remington. Taurus, some years back, announced the Raging -223. It is even still listed and cited on the Wikipedia entry, but as far as I know, it never made it into production. My theory is they couldn't get it to work, but who knows.

CountryGent;

MANY things have appeared in the Ruger Catalogs over the years that either took years to actually make it to the market or they never did. According to what I have been told, it was to "Market Test" the idea.

An X-frame SW 6-shot .44 magnum +P. With interchangeable muzzle brakes including one with no venting holes for those who dont want a muzzle brake. With sling swivels. And a dial on the front sight making it easy to adjust for different loads all the way from .44 special to .44 +P.

An X-frame SW 6-shot .44 magnum +P. With interchangeable muzzle brakes including one with no venting holes for those who dont want a muzzle brake. With sling swivels. And a dial on the front sight making it easy to adjust for different loads all the way from .44 special to .44 +P.

Or just buy beef at Safeway. Lol! Sorry but you really want a LOT!

PS: What you really need is a good gun smith in your back pocket.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads