JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sort of says it all. What wheelguns would you like that simply are not made?

I'll get the party started:

• A double-action, top-break in a relatively common centerfire caliber. (There is a crazy expensive modern Webley and there was a Russian prototype that never made it in. Ditto a strangely expensive mini-Webley made in India, but not imported. Other than that, I'm not aware of any.)
  • A snub-nose revolver chambered in .50 GI and fed from moon clips.
  • A modern .577 revolver sort of like the Bland-Pryse. It would be NFA (destructive device) but doable. Bowen made at least one, but correspondence with him indicates another is highly unlikely.
What are yours?

I rather favor the now rare S&W Perfected 38 S&W; a break top DA made until circa 1920 or so. Here's a few comparison photos:
687132-fda8fe00a910d787a8e0799872278f09.jpg 687177-2d9b4e5770100eded923df4de4285fda.jpg 687135-9cde999537af988872170382f7a867f5.jpg
there was a thumb latch as well as top-strap device;
compare small size with early K-frame; and an early & later Perfected model.;)
IIRC this was the only break top model with full trigger guard???

I like the idea of a Webley type in say :
.45 Colt
.45 ACP
9mm
.357 Magnun / .38 Special
.22 LR

A copy of any Colt or Remington cap and ball revolver with all the import marks / proof marks etc...under the loading lever and not using the barrel as a billboard....
And while we are at it...have 'em made with the correct deep rifling ....not the shallow lands and grooves , like for a modern cartridge gun...
Andy

Another would be a full-sized, long barrel, .32 Long (or similar) target revolver. There actually is one, the Alfa Proj, made in the Czech Republic and imported sporadically by Czechpoint USA. Everything I read is that European target shooters love them and they are certainly reasonably priced. My concern, however, is parts. Czechpoint USA has always been great for parts for my vz61 SBR, but, still, I hesitate.

I'm happy to settle for enjoying my Double Action .22RF and .32S&W 3rd Model "Perfected" Single Shots. A Swing Out Cylinder, which is much stronger, will keep my Happy in the Revolver World.

More options in stainless with fixed sights in any barrel length! I have two 4" GP100s that are stainless fixed 357s. They were hard to track down because they were only made in the occasional special run. The 3" version is everywhere. Similarly, my Single Six 22lr in stainless with fixed sights is a 6.5" one (which is rare enough). I wanted one in 4 5/8", but there are only like 4 know in that configuration from the factory except for a special run of bisleys. In the S&W world, they stopped making the 681 but the 686 continued on. Frankly, fixed sights are just harder to find in nearly anything but compact revolvers. If you're willing to go with blued, there are more options, but I'm a stainless kinda guy. I think manufacturers should offer a revolver building tool where you can pick your options and have it made for a few bucks more. Alternatively, offer every combination as a separate model but still orderable.

I know that is an oddly specific wish but you asked.

I like the idea of a Webley type in say :
.45 Colt
.45 ACP
9mm
.357 Magnun / .38 Special
.22 LR

A copy of any Colt or Remington cap and ball revolver with all the import marks / proof marks etc...under the loading lever and not using the barrel as a billboard....
And while we are at it...have 'em made with the correct deep rifling ....not the shallow lands and grooves , like for a modern cartridge gun...
Andy
I agree with all this, but would add; A run of Ruger Old Army's in Full Pop .44 Magnum, with the standard loading gate and retaining the loading handle for seating over B.P. Cartridges and would like to see the front sight dove tailed and in other then stainless! Would also be cool to see them in .45 Colt, and capable of taking .454 as well.
A replica Dragoon in .45 Colt with loading gate would also be super cool, and in barrel lengths from 4 1/4 all the way to 9 inch!

More options in stainless with fixed sights in any barrel length! I have two 4" GP100s that are stainless fixed 357s. They were hard to track down because they were only made in the occasional special run. The 3" version is everywhere. Similarly, my Single Six 22lr in stainless with fixed sights is a 6.5" one (which is rare enough). I wanted one in 4 5/8", but there are only like 4 know in that configuration from the factory except for a special run of bisleys. In the S&W world, they stopped making the 681 but the 686 continued on. Frankly, fixed sights are just harder to find in nearly anything but compact revolvers. If you're willing to go with blued, there are more options, but I'm a stainless kinda guy. I think manufacturers should offer a revolver building tool where you can pick your options and have it made for a few bucks more. Alternatively, offer every combination as a separate model but still orderable.

I know that is an oddly specific wish but you asked.
I have a Smith and Wesson Model 19-3 which is Blued and has Fixed Sights on the 3" Barrel. To me that is the Ideal candidate for Concealed Carry. I just wish S&W made more of them. With ONLY 50 of them produced they are a true Collectible!

Oh, oh, oh, oh!
I feel like Arnold Horshack.
I have a S&W Model 69. It's a slightly modified version of the L-Frame in 44 Magnum. It's a very good good revolver that could be great.
I wish it was available in 41 Mag. Then I think it would be perfect. It would be perfect for me, anyway. I really like the 41 Mag and think the L-Frame would make a great one.

Something in .444 Marlin, to go along with my 1895.

I spoke too soon. It looks like the BFR is now chambered it that round, and not just the 45-70

How about a revolver with a hand crank. Would be a hand held Gatling gun.

b6b666ffa664d8f3acb8f77ad19d24b9e0806f81e487ff865d.jpg

Little lever on the side to crank out the honey. Sounds like crazy fun. :s0112:

Something in .444 Marlin, to go along with my 1895.

I spoke too soon. It looks like the BFR is now chambered it that round, and not just the 45-70

Funny you mention it, because I've been so tempted by the BFR in .30/30 WCF. It is more than pricey, but wow, what a magnificent piece. :D

eee87f6bad0878a6fb99d1edc909202b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top