JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always been a wheelguner, carried a M28 then a 686 for LaConner WA PD in the '80s. The .357 Magnum will get the job done & a .38+P is a fine carry round in a J frame AirWeight. Never was a plastic gun fan even though my old partner carries a Glock now.
My loan bottom feeder is my old of duty carry gun, Colt Combat Commander.
View attachment 461279 View attachment 461280 View attachment 461281 View attachment 461282 View attachment 461283 View attachment 461284 View attachment 461285
View attachment 461293

I love the 13

... Don't forget the speed loaders and new holsters ...

I've been practicing using a speed loader with a Ruger SP101 a bit recently. I'm not going to be beating any world records any time soon, but last weekend I was able to get off 10 shots all on target (only 7 yds though) in 8.99 seconds -- most of my sets were closer to 10-11 seconds but I felt pretty good about that one. To be fair though, I was going from low ready rather than a holster -- I wanted to compare with my new CZ P-09 which I don't have a holster for yet. I'll have to see if I can get near that time with a holster this weekend.

The funny things is, I was slower with the CZ (5 rounds in each mag shooting 10 total with a mag swap) -- the best I could do was 12 seconds which sort of surprised me -- need more practice. ;-) Of course, if just had put ten in one mag and didn't do the mag swap, I'd beat the revolver for sure. Something to try this weekend.

9B5371C5-ACD8-4341-BBC9-60136948DB20.jpeg Just carry my current carry S&W Bodyguard (638). The new law will not effect me, I collect & use S&Ws.

Are you guys in WA, going to switch over to only revolvers?

Not sure which law this is referencing. Most laws target ammo capacity, which would just neccesitate a 10 rd single stack 9mm. A g43 with +2 basepads is already high on my list anyway.

In Portland though I might carry the g20, with buffalo bore 180 grain XTP. If I can only have 10 rds.... Plus I already have 10 rd mags for it.

But.... To play along, I love the idea of .41 mag revolvers, and I think I would have to get into reloading. Then if I was into reloading, I might as well get a 460..... Hmmmmmm.

It's going to tick off the Glock fans they have to give up their home protection for a revolver. Plus the expense of buying another gun and ammo then train with it. Might want to find a 45 acp revolver or 9mm revolver, good luck finding a 10 or 40 in a revolver. Don't forget the speed loaders and new holsters and sign up for the revolver shoots at the club since they won't be holding IPSC or any other shoots with semis.

Speed steel with a revolver anyone?:eek:
hey,dont know if you've noticed or not but ruger has some pretty nice new .40/10mm revolvers out now

First , I certainly hope no one here really thinks that I would be happy if any firearms were banned or restricted.

The 2nd Amendment says "Arms"... it does not limit us to any types of Arms*.
So to me that means that if you are a law abiding US citizen you should be able to own the firearms of your choice.
* Arms at least according to the dictionary are defined as :
Weapons and ammunition , armaments

I would never force my choice of firearms on anyone....but I would be happy to show you the wonders of black powder.
Andy
If I was ever headed up your way I'd love to learn about black powder, especially open top revolvers. They exude more sheet kicking iron-framed attitude than a Desert Eagle.

Before the 1980s almost all police departments carried revolvers, now it's hard to find any cop that carries a revolver issued by the department. The reason is simple, semi autos save lives. Revolvers are very old technology dating back to the 1800s. So since we will have to use them for defense a person is really going to have to work at being good with one. Being an old fart I trained with a revolver for many years and they are far more difficult to shoot straight double action than an auto is in my opinion.

People will get by, it will be like using an outhouse rather than indoor plumbing but folks will get used to the old west guns again.:D

People will get by, it will be like using an outhouse rather than indoor plumbing but folks will get used to the old west guns again.:D

You won't have to get used to it. When we cave in to any gun grabbing law aimed at law abiding citizens, another one will be on the horizon before the ink is dry on the first one.

You won't have to get used to it. When we cave in to any gun grabbing law aimed at law abiding citizens, another one will be on the horizon before the ink is dry on the first one.

Yep, last ten years, seems like every years a huge blow.

NRA - Shooting Illustrated has an article on inexpensive guns
20 Personal-Defense Handguns Under $300
Several are revolvers.

Any reasonable choices for the wheel guns in their list?

I am starting to save can money for a "just in case" gun.

2nd question - are 3" barrels a thing? Not finding them in search - 2in and 4in yes.

via one of the site sponsors:
357 Mag In Stock Handgun Deals | gun.deals

Yes 3" are a thing, several models and makes. I believe the S&W 586/686 come in 3" and a Taurus if I call seeing on their website.
On that list not familiar with most of the revolvers on the list so I'm no help.

All claiming revolvers are 'always' dependable...are wrong.

How can I make such a claim?

My Ruger SP 101 failed to revolve at one time while shooting it...I pressed the trigger and it simply would not revolve.

I unloaded it to discover one of the cartridges had expanded just enough to stop the action.

I neglected to mention this revolver is double action only as it has a 'spurless' hammer, thus no cocking it with the thumb.

o_OHmm, sounds like possibly operating error. Reload? How long was that cartridge left in the weapon prior to use? Every weapon should be inspected prior to strapping it on each day, including the ammunition being used.

Went to fire up one of my chainsaws after letting it sit all winter with stale gas and couldn't get it running, damn saw is just unreliable...

Dumped the fuel and replaced it with good fuel and it runs great now, gosh maybe it wasn't the saw that is the problem...

I bet even a gLOCK has reliability issues if you feed it a bunch of crap.

Oh I forgot gLOCKs are perfect.:p

First time I fired my Taurus Tracker, after fifty rounds the cylinder would not revolve.

The problem was that Taurus, being Taurus, assembled it with less than 0.001" cylinder gap. Shoot 50 rounds in it and it would accumulate enough debris that the cylinder would lock up.

I also ahd a DW .44 mag that would occasionally fail to drop the hammer with sufficient force to fire the round when shot double action.

Yes, both basically a manufacturing defect, but the point is that revolvers do have intricate lockworks that will malfunction if you get gunk in them.

I wouldn't say they are unreliable, but not as reliable as military handguns. I like my revolvers but if I carried one in a military type engagement where it was subject to being exposed to a lot of debris, it would probably suffer reliability problems before any of my military spec semi-autos.

First time I fired my Taurus Tracker, after fifty rounds the cylinder would not revolve. ...

I have a revolver (US made) that somewhere between 50 and 100 rounds of reloads with Bullseye powder, stops revolving. In contrast, I can shoot 100s in a row out of the same gun when I use Accurate powder. Cleaner burning powder can make a huge difference. Do you reload? If not, that Taurus is a good enough excuse to start. ;-)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top