JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd love this on a ruger wrangler, thread the barrel, use ammo that is subsonic out of the barrel length,, have some fun. Now if they added larger calibers, I can legitimately see it as a useful safety device. The blast coming out of the 454 with hot loads is substantial, and I have considered making this myself, before seeing this.
Why not just throw some standard earmuff type ear protection on there? It looks like that's all this POS "device" is. Maybe a more fire retardant version than standard foam inside.

The federal definition of a silencer is "any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm". I wonder if the last part ("diminishing the report") could cause them issues? :s0076:

The federal definition of a silencer is "any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm". I wonder if the last part ("diminishing the report") could cause them issues? :s0076:
Good Q. From a legal standpoint it seems to me (using that federal definition) that one might need two stamps if using a silencer and this "muffler" because both cause diminished report. Fe if u had a suppressor only and gun produces 148db. then let's say that with silencer + muffler it produces 140 decibels.

If someone used this earmuff thing without a suppressor as a method to prevent gas discharge to their hand but it didn't change the report (ie the decibels were the same with or without the muffler), then it wouldn't need a stamp (by that federal definition). ...Assuming the db "report" is the same (which is a big assumption without actually testing the db levels).

Contrast that with a flash can type device that projects the sound forward away from the shooter but the db report is not reduced.

Seems like a huge waste of time to me to put some type of "hobo" solution on a revolver but to each their own.

Why not just throw some standard earmuff type ear protection on there? It looks like that's all this POS "device" is. Maybe a more fire retardant version than standard foam inside.
I would have to see how it was made. I could see a nice steel clamshell for a Ruger wrangler being fun. But the only way I see it being functional is on a single action or on a hinge on one side

For a big bore, a finger blast shield would need only be like a linear comp. Though, I can see the merits of a 45LC with the gap gasses contained for utilizing a suppressor. 454, not worth the suppressor as that sucker will make a sonic boom anyway, and the size of the suppressor is prohibitive. But something to make sure no digits get burned?

I last shot my 454 with hot loads on a day after I burned the top of my left pinky on the forge. Lets just say I learned how much hot gas was still coming towards that finger, which was behind the cylinder gap. Made me think similar thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top