JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use what you trust when you're stressed to the max and your hands are sweaty. A revolver is a fine home defense weapon with little to go wrong.

An added benefit is you finally get to say the line you have always wanted to say:
"Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?".

Last Edited:
Use what you trust when you're stressed to the max and your hands are sweaty. A revolver is a fine home defense weapon with little to go wrong.

An added benefit is you finally get to say the line you have always wanted to say:
"Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?".
Actually if I fired 5 shots, I'm empty, but I also am not an owner of a .44 magnum as my name isnt Harry or Travis. 😉

Locking blocks on the other hand….. crack. I've seen them jam first hand.
If that's the case, your unit armorers sucked. The locking-block issue was well-known, and prevented, by the early '90s, individual pistol round counts should've been tracked to the extent possible. The jams common to the first waves of guys hitting the sandbox with sub-par (Checkmate) mags was another thing resolved before too long. By '04-'05 (it may have been earlier, my recollection is a bit fuzzy), we all had our families sending us Mec-Gar mags and had figured out a good cleaning and lube protocol for the M9.

But, I digress.

I do keep a revolver, loaded, about the house, just in case... I feel a retro mood coming on when the bad guy breaks into my rec room.
king.jpg

Fire 35,000 rounds of .38 +P through a typical revolver without anything breaking. Or 100,000. Not many locking blocks breaking on non-military 92s.
Well I saw them break all the time in the USMC where they had 1000s and 1000s of rounds put through them. Personally I carry a full size striker fired pistol unless I'm in formal clothes. If I'm in formal clothes I carry my revolver simply cause it's the only small/compact pistol I own….

If that's the case, your unit armorers sucked. The locking-block issue was well-known, and prevented, by the early '90s, individual pistol round counts should've been tracked to the extent possible. The jams common to the first waves of guys hitting the sandbox with sub-par (Checkmate) mags was another thing resolved before too long. By '04-'05 (it may have been earlier, my recollection is a bit fuzzy), we all had our families sending us Mec-Gar mags and had figured out a good cleaning and lube protocol for the M9.

But, I digress.

I do keep a revolver, loaded, about the house, just in case... I feel a retro mood coming on when the bad guy breaks into my rec room.
View attachment 1261523
Well I wasn't an armorer. And the military likes to micro manage everything. I promise no round counts were tracked per serial number… the government can't even keep count of the simplest things….

Any the pistols we were shooting were older than the 90s. I can guarantee that. There wasn't any bluing on half the pistols I saw in rotation. Haha. That was just my experience though.

Well I saw them break all the time in the USMC where they had 1000s and 1000s of rounds put through them. Personally I carry a full size striker fired pistol unless I'm in formal clothes. If I'm in formal clothes I carry my revolver simply cause it's the only small/compact pistol I own….
I saw the same in the Navy. When I asked what the round count was, no one knew because it wasn't tracked. On a pistol that was purchased to meet a 5000 round life requirement.

US issue 9mm is really hot, as well. Most civil 92s don't break locking blocks at all - especially with Brig slides, like competition shooters use.

Any the pistols we were shooting were older than the 90s.
Well, not questioning you, but where I was, the M9 (that wasn't actually issued until around 1990, although it was officially "adopted" in 1985) pistols didn't get out to the field in significant numbers (I'm talking USN/USMC here, can't speak to the Army or Chair Force) until 1992-1994. We took nothing but 1911s to Kuwait and Iraq in 1991. Again, based on my personal experience. I didn't see my first M9 in my unit until late '93.

And I can tell you, that again, armorers were (supposed to have been) tasked back in the day with tracking round counts, which should have been relatively simple as at least 75% (likely way more) of the M9s in service were used strictly for training (we'd add up all the ammo that got shot up on a particular day, just take the number of pistols that went to the range, do some basic division and get ball-park numbers for rounds through each pistol), while the pistols issued to MPs, staff NCOs, officers, corpsmen, etc. weren't fired a whole lot, so those were the guns no one worried about (unless one turned up missing).

But yeah, NATO 9mm ball is hotter than a lot of commercial +P rounds.

Navy aircrews deployed in '91 with mostly personal weapons. There was a bar in Pensacola called Trader Jon's that had tons of pictures of sailors posing in groups with their sidearms.

Last Edited:
You want to go up against jerry miculek and one of his revolvers?
I would not try that three against one.

He would probably laugh at your Glock or 92FS

Man, if I only knew keyboard warriors would derail this topic, I'd have left "good enough" alone.

That said, judgment or disgust.

I'll be wary of what I say next.

Proceed with your personal aggradizement

Man, if I only knew keyboard warriors would derail this topic, I'd have left "good enough" alone.

That said, judgment or disgust.

I'll be wary of what I say next.

Proceed with your personal aggradizement
So, absent any specificity, we're left to wonder whose posts you're referring to... (for those of us who responded to your OP in good faith)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top