JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The house has revised HB 2240 so that it no longer exempts law enforcement and military members while off-duty.

EFFECT: (1) Reorganizes and consolidates multiple exemptions covering government officers or employees, law enforcement and corrections officers, and military members so that there are three separate exemptions addressing these persons, as follows: (a) Government Officers and Employees: Deletes the separate exemption that applies specifically to U.S. officers or employees and revises the general exemption for government officers and employees,law enforcement, and military members so that it covers only government officers/employees to read as follows: Any government officer, agent, or employee, or government contractor hired to provide firearms training to law enforcement, while acting within the scope of official duties, if authorized to acquire or possess a large capacity magazine in connection with official duties.

(c) Military Members: Removes military members from the exemption in the underlying bill covering government officers/employees, law enforcement, and military members, and revises the separate exemption covering military members to read as follows: Members of the armed forces of the United States or state of Washington, or of the National Guard or military reserves, while acting within the scope of official duties, if authorized to acquire or possess a large capacity magazine within the scope of official duties.

[edit] Posted in wrong forum; mods please move to Firearm Legislation & Activism.

Maybe but... there's been a noticable rise in one side's assertions that maybe the " problem" isn't just the gun owners; but also the police force as a whole :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (see Black Lives Matter and Antifa for multiple examples of anti-cop sentiment) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Maybe LEOs will rise to our side now.

I think they like that warm and fuzzy feeling they get from making laws for others to live by no matter how unenforceable and non sense thay are.

As has been observed in Virginia, and in many Oregon Counties, we do have a decent number of County Sheriffs already on our side. Its the State and City cops that may not be.

Why would you think City and State cops would be a problem? Please clarify that statement because I believe pretty much all of law enforcement in this state stands in support of gun rights and no firearm, magazine, or ammunition restrictions beyond what the NFA says.
There are a majority of us that believe we (as in anybody that is not a prohibited possessor) should be able to own suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs without a stamp.

Why would you think City and State cops would be a problem? Please clarify that statement because I believe pretty much all of law enforcement in this state stands in support of gun rights and no firearm, magazine, or ammunition restrictions beyond what the NFA says.
Um lets see.. because the city cops' comissioner answers to the Mayors and city councils? (See PPB)
And the State Police answers to Governess Kate Brown? Who fired upon Lavoy Finicum?
Who arrested Michael Strickland for lawfully defending himself?

There are a majority of us that believe we (as in anybody that is not a prohibited possessor) should be able to own suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs without a stamp.
I'd like to see that statement verified, but as it is, I do not believe it to be so. It all goes back to who do they hire, who do the departments answer to?

Um lets see.. because the city cops' comissioner answers to the Mayors and city councils? (See PPB)
And the State Police answers to Governess Kate Brown? Who fired upon Lavoy Finicum?
Who arrested Michael Strickland for lawfully defending himself?

I'd like to see that statement verified, but as it is, I do not believe it to be so. It all goes back to who do they hire, who do the departments answer to?

Nah. I had a long, thought out reply typed but it's not worth it. We wind up arguing on the internet and looking like jerks and nobody changes their mind. I have a feeling you and I believe a lot of the same things about the 2nd ammendment. Maybe not about criminals (I'm with you on Strickland, BTW), but I support everything I said in my previous post.

2075B407-76E3-4758-9E7D-78E612548574.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads