1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Revised GSSF Program

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by raverm, Apr 28, 2011.

1. raverm

raverm Bellevue, WA Member

Since there are so many Glock owners out there, I'd be important to update individuals thinking about joining the GSSF program and purchasing a pistol immediately...
    Glock revised their GSSF program in regards to the pistol purchase coupon...

Effective May 1, 2011

"No person can purchase any type new GSSF membership and then instantly purchase a pistol on this program"
    Clarification: New Annual members are not eligible for pistol purchase program, however new ‘multi-year’ members should be eligible

- GSSF will print / issue 2 types of membership card forms.
    - New Annual members of any type will continue to get a single membership card and this card will NOT be accepted to purchase a discounted pistol.
    - Renewing members of any type or New Multi-Year members will receive 2 membership
    cards. 1 card will be clearly marked as ‘GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon’ and no member may receive the discounted price without this card.

Just called Glock to clarify, so if you've just joined and your GSSF card was processed prior to May 1, 2011, you can e-mail Glock to request your coupon. However, those whose GSSF membership are processed post the revised date, it takes into effect.
    Also noticed that the Glock 19 Gen 3 seems to be missing from the suggested pricing list, but the Glock 17 Gen 3 is still available?
  2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

My prediction? There will be a reduction in new Glock owners / GSSF members.

Stupid move, Glock.
  3. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I could care less. The only reason I joined GSSF, was so I could attend the Armorer's class! :laugh:
    Now, did I really have to take the class? No. Just about everything you need to know
    about a Glock, can be found on youtube or GlockTalk. Is it cool that I have a
    piece of paper from Glock that says I'm a "certified" Glock Armorer? Heck Yes! :thumbup:
  4. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Rammit Bothel Member

Who shoots GSSF? are all the matches really "lost brass" matches, I plan to join and shot a few matches a year, but shooting 300+ rounds of 10mm and loosing all that brass is cost prohibitive.