JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

V Seven LW Stainless 5.56 16" Match Barrel

Part One: Machining, Fit and Finish
workbench.jpg

I received my V Seven lightweight match stainless steel 16" barrel in the mail last week. It is truly an amazing looking barrel. I knew I would be writing a review on this barrel for my V Seven LW build, so I took my time to find some flaw, but I have yet been able to find a one. I spent the first evening with the new barrel in my hand, taking breaks to look at it again and again, and all I was able to find was more appreciation for the work that went into it. The machining and finishing is really top notch. This is my first quality, high end barrel where time and thought was really taken into account of it's looks and appearance.

barrel close.jpg

The V Seven LW match barrel is a medium gas system made out of 416R stainless steel with a Rockwell HRC score of 30-32. The Barrel is polygonal cut with a 1/7 twist. For anyone not familiar with Polygonal Rifling, it is where the traditional lands and grooves are replaced by "hills and valleys" in a rounded polygonal pattern. Polygonal barreling has been used by many companies such as Heckler & Koch, Glock and Noveske with much success.

V Seven has developed their own modified hybrid chambering, which is a combination of Match chambering and 5.56, which is said to add a more improved accuracy. Each of the V Seven barrels are Ultra Matched lapped with a correctly indexed gas port.

gas block.jpg

One of the great things about this barrel is the Grade 5 Titanium Gas Block. The Titanium Gas Block has an Ion Bond Black finish with a diameter of .625 and weighting in at only 20 grams. The Titanium Gas Block weighs approximately 45% less than a standard Lo Pro gas block. T5 Titanium does have a thermal expansion coefficient nearly half of steel to add a tighter gas seal. I was really impressed by the knurled allen screw which fastens the gas block to the matched dimple on the barrel. The small details really make this barrel great.

PSX_20151021_183846.jpg

All V Seven made parts come with a lifetime warranty. If you get a chance to look at a V Seven barrel up close, it will change your standards of how you view a quality barrel.

Later next week I will be concluding this review with Part Two: Shooting and Evaluation to see what kinds of groupings I can get with a handful of different brands of 5.56 and .223 ammo.

room pic.jpg

Last Edited:
I got to put some ammo down the barrel this week but have had some problems with the weather and finding anyplace partly wheelchair accessible to test any rounds past 37 feet. I will be back in Idaho for Thanksgiving and take the barrel out to my old favorite to see what it can really do at 50 and 100 yards. Sorry to anyone who may be waiting for these results. ~J

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top