JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is however a gun magazine so I am sure they got a hand fitted and tuned one for the review.

Unfortunately it will take a while to get enough in the hands of 'laymen' to start getting some 'subjective' reports from actual owners.

The Review 'reads' well - with some much needed 'improvements' over the Remlin models.

No desire for a .45-70 but an 1894 in .357 might come my way when they are released ! - I still want to hear from 'real' owners when they start getting in more hands.

Last Edited:
1) I don't like plywood stocks
2) Don't like a stainless lever gun
3) I'll wait for the 22" blued 45-70 before I pass judgment

I dig the all weather finish on it and the Henry's. Not really "classic" but really useable in the field. :)

Awesome! Honestly surprised this is happening this soon. I figured it would be some time into next year we would hear something was in the works.

I dig the polished stainless. I know a blued and wood lever action is the classic, but the rainy PNW and stainless are good in the hood!

Ironically, I sold my Marlin CST. I don't really plan on getting another.

If Ruger/Marlin cooperate to redo the freaking 96/22, I'd be that guy camping in line, like those idiots do at Apple, for one!

I think stainless with reddish toned wood furniture along the lines of these grips would look sweet.

077993DF-7C9C-4E4E-B7FA-3CA9F20B5202.jpeg

Good to hear, but time will tell if they truly get it right. They kind of lost me with it "very much having a lever action trigger"with a 6.5# pull. What the hell does that mean? My Jm edition has a 3.5# trigger which suits the rifle fine.

All this bias against stainless and laminate. Just happens to be about my favorite combo. Functional and oh so pretty. Good thing variety is the spice of life.

I'll also take this opportunity to unnecessarily post some pictures of my Marlin (Remlin) 1894CSBL in .357. I passed on a couple of the 45-70 versions for $900 pre-pandemic because I didn't really want to get into another caliber, but I keep being drawn to these. I think the $900 ship has sailed though.
1894CSBL_Ford_1_2018-10-11.jpg

1894CSBL_Pineneedles_2_2018-10-11.jpg

For the traditionalists, I do have a JM 1894CS in .357 as well. I personally prefer the looks of the stainless and laminate though.
1894CS_20180510_1.jpg

Until I read another article I originally did not know the barrel was threaded - as this was 'conveniently' left out of the John Snow article - and no closeup pics of themuzzle.

I'll admit they did a good job of designing the thread protector to be the diameter of the barrel with subdued flats on the end to remove it but I am still on the fence with it.

Hopefully they keep the next models unthreaded.

thread.jpg

Last Edited:
I am hoping for an "all-weather" 336 in Chrome with a black laminate or synthetic stock with a threaded barrel; chambered in 30-30 of course!
It will be interesting to see what they 'narrow it down to' as far as the number and style of models they ultimately make.

Article mentions a 336 and a 1894 but we'll just have to wait and see what they decide. Let's face it - I am sure they have researched which models sold the most from Remlin and will follow suit - as it mentioned they did with the initial model rollout.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top