JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love 300blk. Supers are easy to gas up to 2100+ FPS, subs are fun and still hit hard. Best short (7.5"-10.5") AR option. Also, hella fun out of a 16" Ruger American!

Last Edited:
I studied up on .300 Blackout. I liked it for a lot of reasons. It seemed that it rivaled the .30 Carbine in it's handiness. As a reloader I completely lost interest when it came to cutting .223 cases. So I think less is better for me . I use the .556 and .308. Stocking up on those keeps me busy.

I studied up on .300 Blackout. I liked it for a lot of reasons. It seemed that it rivaled the .30 Carbine in it's handiness. As a reloader I completely lost interest when it came to cutting .223 cases. So I think less is better for me . I use the .556 and .308. Stocking up on those keeps me busy.
You can always just buy the brass or buy cheap ammo (NOT aguila!) and save the brass.

Theres a jig for harbor freight cut off saws. Its extremely simple and effective. I cut up my 223 cases that have split necks and the ones I simply dont want to trim down. I can do nearly 200 an hour. Chamfer, debur, lube and run em through a 300blk die and you're set.

I shot a friend's AR in .300 Blackout and found it to be accurate at 60 yards* and easy to control with "rapid fire".
*Accurate as in I was making hits , lots of them , on a chest sized target at 60 yards with a un-zeroed to me , red dot scope.

Sounds like you have a good combo going on...
Andy
I know that gun you are talking about.
Lol it has 16 inch barrel.
And I love it .
It's a hog killer .
Only if we had hogs around here.

And my revelation is...
.300 Blackout is a hoot.
Just shot my 10.5" barrel AR in .300 AAC for the first time and it was a ton of fun.
It was very accurate at least to the 25 yards at the SafeFire indoor range.
I enjoy subsonic ammo over supersonic but recoil on either was very manageable for follow up shots.
Now I am even more anxious for my suppressor to arrive.
Built one a few years ago and I love it .
The price of the ammo is a downer.
But it's getting better.

Last Edited:
Theres a jig for harbor freight cut off saws. Its extremely simple and effective. I cut up my 223 cases that have split necks and the ones I simply dont want to trim down. I can do nearly 200 an hour. Chamfer, debur, lube and run em through a 300blk die and you're set.
I saw it. Not worth the trouble for me.

Imo, a 300blk pistol is better then a 5.56 pistol which is what it was built for.

2 foot fireballs are great at the range but not as great for practical purposes.

When I build a pistol it will be a 300blk.

Imo, a 300blk pistol is better then a 5.56 pistol which is what it was built for.

2 foot fireballs are great at the range but not as great for practical purposes.

I have heard that it was meant for a short barrel.
I built mine with the 16 inch barrel.
Because I didn't want the SBR hassle.
But it is a good round .
In 16 inch barrel also.
It is easy to control and hits hard .
Like @AndyinEverson .
Said he was able to hit the steal target over and over pretty fast almost nocked it over .
Had it ROCKING CHAIR .back and forth .

.300 blk purpose is to achieve similar ballistics as 7.62x39 but not requiring different magazines or bolt, as well as being in a shorter barrel/suppressor.

Though out of a 16" barrel 7.62x39 is a bit better.

300blk was designed for 9" barrels and supressed work, infinitely better than x39 and 556 at that length and application. Wasn't designed for rifle lengths and doesn't offer advantages besides 30cal projectile out of an AR15 instead of AR10. Turns out, light for caliber, flat based bullets have excellent terminal ballistics at 100ish yards. You won't be disappointed 300blk pistol. I've had a 10.5" and currently a 10" 1:7 which I think is the perfect combo for supers and subs. Believe it or not, my cheap bear creek arsenal barrel served me very well until I got a 10" Ballistic Advantage. If you hand load, you're gonna love it even more.

I just shot my new 300 blackout single shot CVA this last Sunday and have to agree it is a blast. At a 105yds with factory Hornady 110gr V-Max black ammo I got the best group of my life to date. Three rounds right where I put the crosshairs, the kind of thing you only read about in tacticool fairy tales. Hehehe But seriously that's what happened... from a bench... at 105yds... with a new gun and caliber. Although I had to rezero my scope from the 147gr factory S&B ball ammo I sighted it to earlier in the day to achieve that group and that doesn't bother me. It was a teachable moment for myself about ballistics and keeping an open mind to the new fun skill challenges this rifle will bring. 65 rounds goes a long ways too, with it being a single shot rifle. Highly recommend anyone looking to get it to 300 blackout or is on the fence try it in a single shot or maybe a bolt action, but definitely a single shot for the money. I honestly want to take it deer hunting more than I want to take my .30-06.

E0FC9713-D9B5-485D-A6FD-B44B82B1EC1B.jpeg 650BC4C7-BB61-4406-A244-C92ECA27FF94.jpeg

Last Edited:
I cut my own 300blk brass & form it at the same time with the Dillon 1500 case trimmer on my Dillon 1050 press. Pull the handle and a 5.56 LC brass is de-primed, primer pocket swaged and a case milled down and formed to the correct size. Can do 1200+ an hour. BUT I still hand debur them one at a time with a powered case prep tool clamped to the bench. (that is NOT 1200 per hour!)

My gateway 300blk is a Sig Rattler pistol with a 5.5" barrel with a 1:5 twist! Pushing 220gr Hornady rounds just under the speed limit though a Griffen Recce7 suppressor - wow too much fun. Crazy accurate too.

I then picked up a Sig Virtus 300blk with a 9" barrel pistol so I could work up rounds that match the books based on 9" barrels.

SIG then released the Canbrake, basically the Rattler pistol but with a front hand-guard designed to work with a suppressor, a trigger job, black/FDE and comes with a "training device" a fake suppressor that looks like a SIG SRD762. I just so happend to have a SIG SRD762 getting released from jail and so it was my 2A responsibility to get the Canbrake and toss the "training device".

Love the versatility of the round. Also by loading my rounds I shoot for about 47 cents for custom 220gr sub rounds and 25 cents each for suppers.

Last Edited:
Aww come on.
Everything is overpriced compared to 7.62x39
If we could get the Commies to grind out 300 AAC at billions of rounds per year for over 50 years It would be dirt cheap too.
It would also be dirty as hell to shoot with mediocre accuracy
Nonetheless, 7.62x39 is great for blasting away an afternoon. Ammo is like Baskin Robbins. There's a flavor for everyone
There isn't enough interest in steel .300 blk for them to do so. They barely got lucky with steel 5.56, and even then that interest died down when people kept having issues with how dirty steel ammo is, which clogged up AR chambers quicker than brass.

There isn't enough interest in steel .300 blk for them to do so. They barely got lucky with steel 5.56, and even then that interest died down when people kept having issues with how dirty steel ammo is, which clogged up AR chambers quicker than brass.
LOL
Tell me about it.
I had a Kel-Tec SU-16 that would jam after 20 rounds of Wolf ammo
As in get a rod and hammer the case out. I'd scrub out the bore and then 20 more rounds and jam again The extractor was tough on that SU-16 as you could see where it tore through the rim of that jammed Wolf case.
I dumped every last round of steel cased ammo I had after that
Sold the SU-16 when I moved up here:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top