JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL
Tell me about it.
I had a Kel-Tec SU-16 that would jam after 20 rounds of Wolf ammo
As in get a rod and hammer the case out. I'd scrub out the bore and then 20 more rounds and jam again The extractor was tough on that SU-16 as you could see where it tore through the rim of that jammed Wolf case.
I dumped every last round of steel cased ammo I had after that
Sold the SU-16 when I moved up here:D
To be fair, that's a combination of kel-tec quality and dirty ammo. ;)

But yeah, steel ammo is seriously dirty. People assume its lacquer melting, but it isn't, otherwise Russians would have dumped it fast. Its just really really dirty ammo.

I have shot a metric sh!t ton of wolf military classic in 7.62x39. I find it neither inaccurate or especially dirty in my AR chambered in 7.62x39, but I am glad most think it is dirty and inaccurate. Keeps demand lower and price down :D.

Last Edited:
I have shot a metric sh!t ton of wolf military classic in 7.62x39. I find it neither inaccurate or especially dirty in my AR but I am glad most think it is dirty and inaccurate. Keeps demand lower and price down :D.
More of an issue for the 5.56 line. When people shoot steel, then shoot brass right after. As you know brass expands much faster than steel.

I have shot a metric sh!t ton of wolf military classic in 7.62x39. I find it neither inaccurate or especially dirty in my AR but I am glad most think it is dirty and inaccurate. Keeps demand lower and price down :D.
Apples and oranges
The AK was designed for that type of ammo and vice versa
Tolerances are a lot tighter in the AR vs the AK.

Apples and oranges
The AK was designed for that type of ammo and vice versa
Tolerances are a lot tighter in the AR vs the AK.
I do not own an Ak, this steel cased ammo was shot through a couple different AR upper builds chambered in 7.62x39. :eek: I have run up to 500 rounds of this stuff through these uppers between cleanings with little or no issues. As far as the blackout goes, it is fun to shoot and has it's place for sure. It is easy and economical to reload for and made to suppress. What's not to like? I have even harvested a deer with my blackout with subsonic ammo. I dabble in many calibers and try and keep an open mind. I have dispelled much internet hyperbole while tinkering with different platforms and chamberings.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads