JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And my revelation is...
.300 Blackout is a hoot.
Just shot my 10.5" barrel AR in .300 AAC for the first time and it was a ton of fun.
It was very accurate at least to the 25 yards at the SafeFire indoor range.
I enjoy subsonic ammo over supersonic but recoil on either was very manageable for follow up shots.
Now I am even more anxious for my suppressor to arrive.

I shot a friend's AR in .300 Blackout and found it to be accurate at 60 yards* and easy to control with "rapid fire".
*Accurate as in I was making hits , lots of them , on a chest sized target at 60 yards with a un-zeroed to me , red dot scope.

Sounds like you have a good combo going on...
Andy

I had experience with this cartridge, for a time. I assembled an AR rifle, there was no issue with that. Putting AR parts together isn't real gunsmithing, just parts assembly. Anyway, my idea was this would be a great gun for versatility. Meaning, I could shoot a wide range of different .308 bullet weights. And in that, I was successful within certain limits. I should've thought of the following; bouncing around from one bullet weight to another wreaked havoc with zero. I appreciate the suppressor thing and that this cartridge (particularly in the AR platform) lends itself well to that use. But I'm not into suppressors so that was neutral for me. I loaded up on brass, bought a good fast burning rifle powder, didn't pile up too big on specific .308 bullets (because I'd bought it to use those I already had), then decided it wasn't for me and found a new owner for it.

Bottom line, for my needs I'll stick with .223, .308 and .30-06. And some others but they are beside the point. And that's why they make Chevy, Ford and Plymouth (Ooops, not anymore on the last one). Different people have different needs and wants.

An there I was, clicking on this thread hoping to see some divisiveness before it got closed. Lo and beholdeth young Cyril, the groupeth doth agree....eth. Mostlyeth.

300 black out is pretty much a overpriced 7.62x39
Aww come on.
Everything is overpriced compared to 7.62x39
If we could get the Commies to grind out 300 AAC at billions of rounds per year for over 50 years It would be dirt cheap too.
It would also be dirty as hell to shoot with mediocre accuracy
Nonetheless, 7.62x39 is great for blasting away an afternoon. Ammo is like Baskin Robbins. There's a flavor for everyone

I enjoy shooting my .300 Blackout, but probably for different reasons than most. I see it as something of a modernized M1 carbine or an overgrown .22 for cheap plinking.

How so? Cast bullets. I use free range scrap lead, a couple cents each for gas checks, 3 cents for a primer, and 3 or 4 cents for a moderate charge of H110. They shoot an easy 2 moa, and don't cost that much more than 22lr. Powder coated, gas checked bullets shoot clean with no leading. It's a fairly cast-friendly cartridge.

I enjoy shooting my .300 Blackout, but probably for different reasons than most. I see it as something of a modernized M1 carbine or an overgrown .22 for cheap plinking.

How so? Cast bullets. I use free range scrap lead, a couple cents each for gas checks, 3 cents for a primer, and 3 or 4 cents for a moderate charge of H110. They shoot an easy 2 moa, and don't cost that much more than 22lr. Powder coated, gas checked bullets shoot clean with no leading. It's a fairly cast-friendly cartridge.
Recycling!
Proof that shooting is good for the environment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top