JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to add a rating, but I have tried calling the number several times to ask questions and such. I've never had my calls answered and I when I leave voicemails, they haven't been returned.
Like I said, I won't add a rating, probably just a mixup. Just my personal experience, so far. :)

I'm not going to add a rating, but I have tried calling the number several times to ask questions and such. I've never had my calls answered and I when I leave voicemails, they haven't been returned.
Like I said, I won't add a rating, probably just a mixup. Just my personal experience, so far. :)

Same here. I even stopped by the shop a couple times. but it is a personal residence and I was greeted by security cameras and large dogs, but no people. When I emailed him I did get a quick reply, however he was leaving the country and unable to assist me any further.

hes outta country till April. It is best to call ahead. When I had my AR pistol worked on he was kinda letting me know he was short on time cause he was getting ready to leave the country and had other jobs to finish but still told me to stop by cause I ahd alkl the parts and was ready. He spent 2 hours working on my AR Pistol and only charged me 40 dollars. He also allowed me to hang out and watch him work which was real nice to see how he modified and removed various parts. When hes home, hes a real awesome asset to know.

Reco

In last 2 months Ive done several deals with Roger with repairing or upgrading various weapons. He also was quick and very efficient with firearm transfers chargeing 20 dollars.

Id recomend him to anyone.

Reco

Last Edited:
He did a Trigger Job/ Safety lever tack welding on my Saiga .308.

Awesome job, I'm also going to him to see if he'll do a muzzle break for it!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

He was highly recommended by the owner of Aloha Surplus for some work on my M1A1 carbine, so I waited until he got back from Afghanistan (where he did some contract work for the U.S. government) to have it done. Glad I did. Then I had him do some work on my Arisaka Type 99 'sniper' project—he fashion a new bolt handle (spoon type), installed a scope mount, and threaded the barrel for a muzzle brake/suppressor...all for $150.00. He even parkerized the finished bolt at no extra charge. Only reason I gave him a four instead of a five on the poll is because he is hard to get hold of by phone, and doesn't seem to keep regular hours. Always answers email right away, though, and has kept all appointments we set up ahead of time. A really nice guy, and not full of himself, as so many gunsmiths seem to be.

Max

I was hanging with Roger back in the mid to late 90's until I moved to Southern Oregon and he is a great instructor and awesome gunsmith. He is a hard man to get ahold of because he does have a life and like of all of us it is filled with many distractions. If you can't meet his timeline... En Shaalaa (God Willing) but if you do it is a real pleasure doing business with him.

SF-

I did not leave a rating, because I have not been there. My understanding is his hours are from 4pm to 6pm. Crap, my day gets screwed up by noon, and by 4pm... well I juat haven't made it yet. I intend to get there sometime, because I have heard good things from more than one person.

Roger is awesome! His hours are tough but once you make contact its all smooth sailing. He's direct and will be very fair on price. Contact him via email from his web site or call his shot and set up a time.

Guess I got lucky....I contacted Roger on Tues., dropped off two guns for new sights to be installed and got them back this morning....

Quick turn and a resonable price....I'm happy.

Plan on taking both handguns out on Sat and test fire for accuracy.

Roger said if I needed any adjustments, he'd make them free of charge.

I'm happy.

I think you guys might be talking about the wrong guy. I just got my mini 14 back from him. I had him cut, crown and install a flash hider. You call that gunsmithing? the crown looks like he did it by hand with a file. And aren't you supposed to PIN and weld a permanent flash hider? Looks like a fat ugly bead around the barrel. What an bubblegum, now I have to take it to a REAL gunsmith that can do it RIGHT. Don't waste your time.

I think you guys might be talking about the wrong guy. I just got my mini 14 back from him. I had him cut, crown and install a flash hider. You call that gunsmithing? the crown looks like he did it by hand with a file. And aren't you supposed to PIN and weld a permanent flash hider? Looks like a fat ugly bead around the barrel. What an bubblegum, now I have to take it to a REAL gunsmith that can do it RIGHT. Don't waste your time.

His website says he's out of the country, are you talking about the same guy? Maybe somebody was filling in for him while he is away?

I've had two transactions with Roger, a Glock .40 cal that I took in last fall, and several knifes to be sharpened on Monday. Turnaround on both was only a couple of days and at a very fair price. He's a very friendly guy, and impressed me by helping a walk in customer adjust his 12 gauge and didn't charge him.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top