Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Return of the CHAT (the old one, that everyone liked)

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Those of you who have been here quite some time probably remember the first chat software we used, FlashChat. Many of you (especially you Steve) were pretty sad when we had to discontinue it's use due to a huge load on the old server. We've been on a new server for a few months now and after daily monitoring I believe we may be able to handle the excess load of the FlashChat software :thumbup:

This is just a test run, so please don't get too attached to it. The software is notoriously buggy, but for one reason or another the only two we can use is the (now old) IRC chat, which nobody liked, or FlashChat. It appears to be stable, but we won't really know until people start using it. To get started, simply click the NWFA Chat link in the upper right hand corner under the OFA banner.

2. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Jetsons are back! :D

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

but no ones there

4. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Who "chats" anymore... everyone's twittery-texting now. :nuts: :laugh:

5. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

NWFA chat is really hit or miss. Either a bunch of people are chatting away, or nobody is. :thumbup: Just check in regularly

6. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Not me and never

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

PShhh no ones ever in there:(

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sanders320 made a great suggestion that I think we should go with. He suggested that we setup pre-defined chat times maybe twice a week, so we know ahead of time when others will be in there. He also suggested we could have topics of discussion, which would be a good idea considering some of our members have so much knowledge to share.

9. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

How about 2am for us insomniacs :D

10. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Ditto +1

I have no need or want to know everyone's status updates on what their doing every 5 minutes.

Unless it was ammo or gun play-by-play....then I might be more interested.

11. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Oh....and thank you Joey for your work on getting Chat going. This is a much nicer interface than the other one....ooh! It has sounds!

I popped in a couple of times, but there wasn't much going on.