JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know about these concepts below; 8b3a75fe87f15755bfc301df48e10d33.jpg dba498b2532a7bd3d9678467692349d5.jpg

But here's one thats latest... by Suzuki on the Jimney. Suzuki-Jimny-Pick-Up-Style.jpg
It looks like a direct "TAKE THAT, TOYOTA!"...
Original FJ40
1981-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ40-0-Hero-1087x725.jpg
And Toyota's interpretation currently on the market
2014-toyota-fjcruiser-4x4-at-suv-angular-front.png :eek::eek::eek: the Suzuki Jimney Pickup looks a lot more faithful to the FJ40 styling and size...

Actually, the FJ Cruiser hasn't been sold since 2014. Prices on used ones are pretty high, now. Rumor is that Toyota is re-designing one to go after the Wrangler, and now, Bronco.

I saw a bunch of the Suzuki Jimnys in Japan when I was there. I don't fit in them.

IMG_20181003_124353371_HDR.jpg

Actually, the FJ Cruiser hasn't been sold since 2014. Prices on used ones are pretty high, now. Rumor is that Toyota is re-designing one to go after the Wrangler, and now, Bronco.

I saw a bunch of the Suzuki Jimnys in Japan when I was there. I don't fit in them.

View attachment 722992
You probably wouldnt fit the original FJ40 nowadays :confused::s0092: huh. Didnt knowthe FJ Cruiser hasnt been on market since 2014.

This thing has been in concept mode for what, 10 years?

images.jpeg-4.jpg
I think it goes back to the J. Mays days at Ford (the guy who reintroduced the T-bird coupe)
Mopar: PT Cruizer, Prowler
GM: SSR, HHR.
Retro has been in so long it's barely even cool anymore.

Still diggin the Suzuki and the Bronco tho.

Found out yesterday that my son-in-law bought a 1993 Suzuki Jimny Turbo Scott Edition in Japan and it is being shipped to the US.

He said it's black and mint condition with low miles.

This isn't his, but is supposedly just like it...

murai-4x4-turbo-scott-competition-edition-tintop-6.jpg

murai-4x4-turbo-scott-competition-edition-tintop-1.jpg

murai-4x4-turbo-scott-competition-edition-tintop-7.jpg

He's 6'4" and skinny and said he had to find an automatic Jimny because he can't work the clutch in them due to his knees hitting the dash, lol.

With a 657cc turbo motor it makes a whopping 57 hp. A Polaris Razr 570 makes 61 hp... :eek:

The Jimney retro pickup could in theory be an excellent UTV by doing the following;
Remove doors
Put tube doors on with no glass-maybe?
Replace front glass with plexiglass
Make the bed a tilt bed
Use a 3-4 speed transmission that has Super Low, Low , Mid 1, and Mid 2. Limit speed to 45mph.
Sell at Suzuki America Motorcycle/ATV dealers.
Basically a direct competitor to the Mahindra Roxor.

Edit. The first gen (1986-1995) Suzuki Samurai are the same chassis as the 1993 Jimney being imported. So parts for them should be affordable and easy to find in the US.
Edit. The Tracker is same as Sidekick, which replaced the Samurai after 1995.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads