JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

At 17.... he should know better (and would have) than to do crap like that!!

Surviving 20yrs of military service with your WHOLE LIFE still ahead of you, only to be randomly killed by a reckless a$$hat while sitting on your front porch minding your own business.... motherbubblegummer!!

:s0118:

"It was not immediately clear why the teen was shooting at the road sign."

Because he's an idiot 17 year old? Seems pretty clear to me.

I hope the judge that does the sentencing has a fair mind to how to handle this kid. While it sure seems like this was a terrible accident, it would require way more knowledge of the character of the person than we could ever hope to learn here.

My heart goes out to the deceased's family. And assuming this kid isn't a piece of S, my heart goes out to him as well.

If the kid is an asshat, I wish him 20 years and a kick in the taint.

A 17 year old wrecked 2 lives with one shot.
Folks, its time to remind your kids about the 4 rules of shooting safety

Treat every firearm as though its loaded
Always keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction
Keep your finger off the trigger till you are ready to shoot
AND
Know your target and what's beyond it.

hodges sc.jpg

Alas 10pm (ish) bored male teenager in a town of 155, gray strip is allegedly where the stop sign is located, stopped took his 9mm and shot at the sign.

Sorry an accident occurred, yes tragic, but from all reports strictly an accident pure and simple!

The 17 teenager was not charged with possession of a handgun but only involuntary manslaughter and after he turned himself in, was released on his own recognizance and sent home.

Warrant: Shooter got out of vehicle to fire at street sign

There are many of us, who in our youth did worse deeds, perhaps not those resulting in death, but I can testify some of the antics I tried and pulled off
with salt peter, charcoal, and sulfur, could very well have caused the maiming of myself, accomplices, er uh, friends, could have ended tragically but had stupid luck.

Go ahead mourn the Vet, but do not also condemn and take away the teenager's life for an error of judgement!

A 17 year old wrecked 2 lives with one shot.
Folks, its time to remind your kids about the 4 rules of shooting safety

Treat every firearm as though its loaded
Always keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction
Keep your finger off the trigger till you are ready to shoot
AND
Know your target and what's beyond it.

And with the firearm safety education these kids get at school...Oh, wait. Never mind. Kids shouldn't have guns. Yeah, that's it. Shhhhhh.

"It was not immediately clear why the teen was shooting at the road sign."

Because he's an idiot 17 year old? Seems pretty clear to me.

I hope the judge that does the sentencing has a fair mind to how to handle this kid. While it sure seems like this was a terrible accident, it would require way more knowledge of the character of the person than we could ever hope to learn here.

My heart goes out to the deceased's family. And assuming this kid isn't a piece of S, my heart goes out to him as well.

If the kid is an asshat, I wish him 20 years and a kick in the taint.

Well......after this one......

San Francisco pier killing suspect found not guilty of murder

OK....he ain't an illegal and it didn't happen in S.F. So anyway.....I ain't holding my breath for "Lady Justice".

Aloha, Mark

Total dipsh*. All the more reason there needs to be a mandatory unit on firearm education in high school. Not only are kids less likely to march against what they understand, but it would promote safety and curb some of this stupid behavior.

View attachment 509667

Alas 10pm (ish) bored male teenager in a town of 155, gray strip is allegedly where the stop sign is located, stopped took his 9mm and shot at the sign.

Sorry an accident occurred, yes tragic, but from all reports strictly an accident pure and simple!

The 17 teenager was not charged with possession of a handgun but only involuntary manslaughter and after he turned himself in, was released on his own recognizance and sent home.

Warrant: Shooter got out of vehicle to fire at street sign

There are many of us, who in our youth did worse deeds, perhaps not those resulting in death, but I can testify some of the antics I tried and pulled off
with salt peter, charcoal, and sulfur, could very well have caused the maiming of myself, accomplices, er uh, friends, could have ended tragically but had stupid luck.

Go ahead mourn the Vet, but do not also condemn and take away the teenager's life for an error of judgement!

I interviewed a kid that eventually did 40 of 60 months for vehicular manslaughter. Him and his buddies were celebrating graduation night with a 6-pack and a pickup truck. His friend was in the bed while they were doing doughnuts in a field. Kid lost his footing and got pitched from the truck. He hit his head on a rock and died.

Driver blew a .04. Under 21 = zero tolerance and a prison sentence. He was destroyed because it was his best friend. He didn't care that he was going to orison because it couldn't be any worse than how he was feeling. Wasn't the same kid when he got out.

So, where do we draw the line and still have equal application of the law? If this same thing happened in Chicago, would it be different? Should it be different?

The law is imperfect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads