JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Using this post as an example, does anyone shoot 223 brass until it splits at the case neck? I have around 3000 multi-fired brass 1/2 of which I was going to retire after shooting it one last time and the other I was going to reuse one last time.

Deadshot: your post #16 made me laugh. In addition to the 3k+ in multi-fired brass I also have 5-6k one-to-twice fired brass. I have no idea on headstamps nor am I going to adjust my loading based on headstamps. I keep my loads below max to make sure I am making allowances for differences in brass dimensions.

Shoot 'til it splits or I find a missing primer, is all the real "sorting" I do with my .223 brass.

My comment on "working up a load for this brass" was more an encouragement to just "keep shooting". I've used the same load for years and with three AR's, shooting about 7,000 rounds per year, I've only had one part failure. A Cam Pin broke on the one rifle I bought used. The load is a "Max Load" of AA2230 under a 55 gr bullet is just right.

Somehow or another I've managed to accumulate 6 boxes of brass, all medium sized containing 2K pieces each. Someday I might just pour them all out and pick out the late model LC brass and put the rest of it in a bucket for loading my "I don't care if I loose the brass loads".

I've decided that someday I am going to buy a 300 BLK upper so I'm going to take the brass I thought I was going to retire and reform it into 7.62x35. This darned reloading hobby just keeps growing into all kinds of new projects. :s0155:

I've decided that someday I am going to buy a 300 BLK upper so I'm going to take the brass I thought I was going to retire and reform it into 7.62x35. This darned reloading hobby just keeps growing into all kinds of new projects. :s0155:

that is what i am thinking too for brass that gets trimmed to short.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top