JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a screwball 15x1mm threaded barrel and I have a Sig SRD556TI-QD suppressor in Form 4 jail. I am trying to figure out my best option for making the two work. Sig does not make a QD in that thread pattern. I have heard of machinists drilling out threads, taping for a plug, then drilling and taping the plug to the desired thread. Has anyone explored doing this for muzzle devices? Is that feasible for something that sees rapid and extreme heat and vibration?

Before you ask, I have considered cutting the barrel then rethreading and thread converters. Both have cons that are deal breakers for me.

What thread patterns does sig offer. You could conceivably get a 1/2"-28 qd muzzle device and have machinist/smith bore and tap to 15-1. This will only work if muzzle device has enough meat to accommodate the bigger hole but I am guessing it will as we are only talking .091" difference.

@osprey Wow I am an idiot. I didn't even explore that. I assumed that the metric and imperial standards for a 5.56 barrel would be near enough to make that impossible. This a spam drunk solution, thanks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top