JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oooo, I really like the envelope conversation. Keeping them out is obviously the most important piece of this puzzle.

Getting a pistol made for a can could limit your choices quite a bit and take you to Compromiseville but is it really necessary? I'm thinking the noise and flash could just be part of the "get the hell out of my house" package.

In the not-so-helpful part of this post, I personally have a P226 as my home defense weapon, but once the kids move out I'm switching to the shotgun. The last thing I want to do when woken up is look down some sights with bleary eyes.

CZ P10C with shortened Rugged Obsidian 9. No its not optic ready but in my house I do not have more than 20 feet in any room and at that range I will probably not have time have time to use sights so I practice point and shoot.
crop cz.jpg

Nice rig, DSAPT9. How does the CZ P10C compare to the HK VP9T? I guess this is a moot point because I already settled on the VP9T OR. Now I need to add a "quality suppressor". HK states in the owner's manual that it has to be a "quality suppressor" or damage may result. I'm looking at the Dead Air Odessa 9 because it's modular and only has a 1.1" tube and weighs 10.1 ounces with piston and spring. The suppressor might have to wait a little because it costs almost as much as the VP9T. :eek:

VP9T_OR.jpg

Nice rig, DSAPT9. How does the CZ P10C compare to the HK VP9T?
I have shot the VP9 but never suppressed so can not give you a true review. Now as far as the guns goes, I do like the HK and think you will be very happy with it.

When I went CAN shopping I went with the Dead Air Wolfman as my first CAN as I run PCC more than anything. Even though it can run on a hand gun it is not cool looking (too big in diameter). It does sounds great on my CZ Scorpion with a 5.5 Barrel and my MKE AP5-P

So then I started to look at one to run on a hand gun and it came down to the Rugged Obsidian 9 or the Odessa 9 and went with the Rugged because in my mind it would work better on a PCC than the Odessa.

So far I have run the Obsidian 9 on a Beretta 92A1, 92X Centurion, Glock 17, Walther PPQ and the CZ P10C as well as my PCCs and love it.

The Odessa 9 is smaller and on a hand gun I felt it would make a great choice and at the time I went back and forth between the two for a coupled days before buying.

Just be carful Silencers are addicting as I just ordered a YHM 9 and already have a 30cal and a 22 in my collection.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy.

Ain't that a bi@tch!
One silencer can be used on many guns though. Fe one 9mm can be used on several 9mm guns. You can even use a 9mm can for 22lr (with somewhat decreased effectiveness compared to dedicated 22lr can most likely).

Be very careful about using pistol can on a rifle though as pressures are different. Check the manufacturer's rating for any can you want to use on a rifle.

One silencer can be used on many guns though. Fe one 9mm can be used on several 9mm guns. You can even use a 9mm can for 22lr (with somewhat decreased effectiveness compared to dedicated 22lr can most likely).

Be very careful about using pistol can on a rifle though as pressures are different. Check the manufacturer's rating for any can you want to use on a rifle.
I do not like using .22lr on sealed cans because it is so stinking filthy. I do have a form 1 silencer that is user serviceable and I do use it on .22 even though it is a .357 magnum can Per its specs I could use it with rifle calibers as well. However, the calibers I shoot out of rifles most of the time are pistol calibers anyway. All my .22 cans are user serviceable which I believe is quite important..

Last Edited:
I do not like using .22lr on sealed cans because it is so stinking filthy. I do have a form 1 silencer that is user serviceable and I do use it on .22 even though it is a .357 magnum can Per its specs I could use it with rifle calibers as well. However, the calibers I shoot out of rifles most of the time are pistol calibers anyway. All my .22 cans are user serviceable which I believe is quite important..
I wouldn't buy a 9mm can that is not user serviceable.

I wouldn't buy a 9mm can that is not user serviceable.
I have a couple silencercos. Great cans, but welded shut. I do run their steel selves through a sonic cleaner after every use. But, If I had to do it over again, I think I would concur. Not much crud has accumulated in it and I have run thousands (definitely in the 5 figures) of 9mm down those cans. (Mostly my reloads and loads actually) I find that for me tite group tends to do less fouling than some of the other powders I have tried. I also find that my .45 suppresssors work better on 9mm than the 9mm ones for the most part, except for my form 1 which has a huge volume.

CZp10c is arguably the best shooting striker fired guns on the market
When I got my Walther PPQ M1, I rented several striker pistols. The P10 was out but not available anywhere near me. I wanted the HK VP9, but I shot the Walther better on the same outing.

I think the CZ Phantom is the best pistol I've ever shot, but passed on them because at some point you just have to stop buying guns.

When I got my Walther PPQ M1, I rented several striker pistols. The P10 was out but not available anywhere near me. I wanted the HK VP9, but I shot the Walther better on the same outing.

I think the CZ Phantom is the best pistol I've ever shot, but passed on them because at some point you just have to stop buying guns.
You do?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads