JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My home defense pistol presently is a Glock 20sf with a Streamlight TLR-1 which I have had for many years. I'm rethinking about this rig because my eyes are not as good as they used to be and I still want my hearing intact if I ever have to release a 10mm round in the house. Of all the pistols that I own, I'm sure some people would consider myself a CZ fanboy. I was shocked when I went to the CZ WEB page and could not find a CZ striker fired pistols that was both optics ready and suppressor-ready. Maybe I'm missing something. I would have liked the CZ P-10 C or the P10- F Suppressor-Ready if it was also optics ready. I'm looking now at the H&K Tactical OR pistol which is both optics ready and suppressor-ready. I intend to add a Holosun HE507C-GR to the pistol which I recently purchased. I have not settled on a suppressor. What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911.

A rifle though more powerful is heavier and less convenient. It's also very clumsy in a home environment.
A suppressed pistol caliber short barreled rifle would disagree.

I'd stay with the G20 of I were you. Get it cut for an optic and add a threaded barrel. 10mm out of a 45 can isn't that bad.

Glock 21sf, Holoson sight, Silencerco Hybrid suppessor, +4 mag = 18rds of quite get off my lawn. XOsgYwd.jpg

I've just never been an HK fan. Their quality is supposed to be very good though...although I hear their customer service leaves a lot to be desired if you do have a problem. But see if you can find a rental counter that has one and go shoot it. That should sort things out pretty quickly.

Note too that I keep a set of electronic muffs on my nightstand with my gun. They take just a second to throw on and I can always skip it if there just isn't time. I also happen to reside in a godforsaken 2a wasteland of a state and suppressors just aren't an option here. Sad face.

SBR in .556 with a red dot and suppressor. If your clumsy with it train harder…..

Why pick a pistol for a rifle's job?
This is the way. Rifle > pistol in every way except for CCW. HD...no contest give me an AR every time, especially in a home invasion type scenario.

A rifle though more powerful is heavier and less convenient. It's also very clumsy in a home environment.
They are a lot more than more powerful, they are scalpel accurate and controllable, higher round count and more difficult to loose in H2H if you half a clue. You just need to learn to work with it in confined environments.

Unfortunately, I dont have any helpful input on the OP's questions, however, what you gotta love sometimes is asking a question and getting all the responses in the world expressing their opinons about what you really should be looking for instead of what you're asking about. 🤣

Any defensive tool choice is personal and every arguement made in support of each will be absoutely valid, for them.

I think the pertinent section from the OP though was:

"I would have liked the CZ P-10 C or the P10- F Suppressor-Ready if it was also optics ready. I'm looking now at the H&K Tactical OR pistol which is both optics ready and suppressor-ready. I intend to add a Holosun HE507C-GR to the pistol which I recently purchased. I have not settled on a suppressor. What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911."

Just sayin.....

:s0090:

Bullpups exist for a reason. Full rifle power, compact rifle size.

More to your original question, though, unless you're 100% going to suppress whatever you choose, you're gonna hear a BANG EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when it touches off so if you're happy with your Glock and it's ability, just keep doing what you're doing and stop overthinking

Unfortunately, I dont have any helpful input on the OP's questions, however, what you gotta love sometimes is asking a question and getting all the responses in the world expressing their opinons about what you really should be looking for instead of what you're asking about. 🤣

Any defensive tool choice is personal and every arguement made in support of each will be absoutely valid, for them.

I think the pertinent section from the OP though was:

"I would have liked the CZ P-10 C or the P10- F Suppressor-Ready if it was also optics ready. I'm looking now at the H&K Tactical OR pistol which is both optics ready and suppressor-ready. I intend to add a Holosun HE507C-GR to the pistol which I recently purchased. I have not settled on a suppressor. What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911."

Just sayin.....

:s0090:
It's the natural order of things. When you don't know what you don't know...then people who do know what you don't know will attempt to course correct you where they see you heading down a wonky path.

Saw it all the time when talking with budding new photographers looking to make a career. Lots of talk about lenses or bodies when what they should have been asking was about lighting, business, and skills.

But, hey, OP wants to have misconceptions about operability of a carbine vs a pistol...I can only hope he reaches out to @Cerberus Group at some point for some hands on training.

When you don't know what you don't know...then people who do know what you don't know will attempt to course correct you where they see you heading down a wonky path.
That's making the assumption that the OP doesn't know what he doesn't know... vs... he knows plenty well what the pros and cons are in those platforms and has opted for one over the other for his own personal reasons. After all.. his question wasn't, "what should I use for home defense?", right?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he wants, it seems to serve him better to offer helpful info specific to his questions than try and "re-educate" him down the path others think is "mo'betta", IMHO. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top