Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Retail store in PDX area with reloading stuff?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by RVNvet, Sep 5, 2009.

1. RVNvet

RVNvet Beaverton Member

Where's the best place to go for reloading supplies/equipment/components in the Portland area? I find bits and pieces at BiMart, but hardly a good selection. I'm particularly interested in powders and primers, since I will be reloading small amounts of ammo, and the HazMat shipping fees from online sources are unacceptable.

Thanks,

Max

2. Visceral

Visceral Portland, OR Member

There arent many. If you've been to Bi-Mart, you already know what they have. Joe's is gone now, but they never had much of a selection. Some of the gun shop recently have had reloading things they can get their hands on. I bought some primers about a year ago from Northwest Armory.
    Wholesale Sports has quite a selection *when they have stock of anything*. I do use them for little RCBS parts though... they have most of the little bits and pieces (like the expander I need to replace). I caught them with Hodgdon Benchmark in stock a couple weeks ago.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

These days it's all hit and miss at most any store,so if you find what you need,stock up a bit.
    the old Sportsman's used to have tons of stuff,but no more,Not until things ease up a bit.I did seem more powder at the vancouver store the other day than in months past.

4. westernsky20

westernsky20 Portland, OR Member

fishermans marine has some reloading stuff to.

5. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Fishermans, Bi-Mart, and Wholesale Sports (Formally Sportsmans Warehouse) seems to be the only local places that get reloading supplies right now....

But in the current market you are not going to see a lot of primers, etc on the shelf... even online it is difficult to find primers, etc.

Things are starting to turn around... I have seen more primers at the three stores listed above in the past month than I have in the past 8 months.