JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's either been only two or three otherwise the dude was just trying to get fresh with me. :D Regardless I'm glad they ditched that policy. They still charge for color copies?…..that they keep….
The color copy thing bothers me too. You won't ever hear me telling the customer it's the law.

The color copy thing bothers me too. You won't ever hear me telling the customer it's the law.
I appreciate you being candid about it. Both of those "policies" were in effect when I was there. I was politely pointed to the ATM next door at the convenience store to get cash to pay for my, I mean their color copies. Then after I got cash just for the copies (I only brought enough for the gun and transfer fee and they wouldn't take my card) they insisted that they hold my hand and take my prints for me.

That's why I won't return, regardless of them ditching one of those policies.

I appreciate you being candid about it. Both of those "policies" were in effect when I was there. I was politely pointed to the ATM next door at the convenience store to get cash to pay for my, I mean their color copies. Then after I got cash just for the copies (I only brought enough for the gun and transfer fee and they wouldn't take my card) they insisted that they hold my hand and take my prints for me.

That's why I won't return, regardless of them ditching one of those policies.
The cash only thing bothers me too. Honestly there is a sizable list of things I would do different but it's not my store. I try to influence change/flexibility where I can but the owner is pretty set in his ways. Even with all the negatives most customers still leave happy and return.

My point being while the original 'finders' of it (nothing actually reported) seem to be a bit less than 'believable' about it, originally citing 'clairvoyant' and 'psychic' research led them to the location. It's a long, and boring story actually - but somewhat interesting.
The "Skinwalker Ranch" TV "reality" show has carried this to a new height. Ditto "Oak Island". :)

Ditto "Oak Island"
Yep. Sad part is I have been intrigued with Oak Island since I was a kid and read the original story in the 1968 Readers Digest.

I believe something was most likely there at one time but now gone.

A funny part of the show is how they 'sensationalize' every little trinket or item the guy with the metal detector finds, and they try to find a 'place' for it in their search, like a piece of a puzzle.

Well, my point being as a long term metal detectorist/relic hunter it is common when searching around nearly anywhere to fine random items, and often many identifiable however these items do necessarily relate to anything specific to the area much less being 'clues' to any 'X' on the map.

People have been visiting Oak Island for over 200 years, hunting, fishing, camping out etc. and a lot of things have been dropped and lost during this time.

A couple years ago I dropped a gun screw (small) in my gravel driveway couldn't find it so I broke out the detector to look for it. Anyway while searching for it this is the junk I dug up in about a 3' square area. Clues to a bigger treasure???!!!

An interesting item however is the square head bolt on the right center of the pic. Square head bolts are still used but were very common in the early to mid 1800s.

The area where I live is a verified 'part' of the Oregon Trail and while searching on my property once I found a very rusted piece of metal which was clearly hand forged and appeared to be a corner or angle bracket similar to those used on wagons to support the frames or other parts.

IMG_1732.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews