JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi.
A few years ago there used to be regular group buys for powder and primers that folks would post here. Glancing at online wholesale reloading suppliers it looks like stuff is in stock. I am interested in some primers 2k or so for my AR and would like to get on a group buy to share the hazmat fees.

Any chance this will happen again????

Biggest thing is most powders are out of stock still. Am waiting for a 8 to come available I don't care how much haz mat is... As for primers if that all you are after look in the classifieds. Even a few dollars more I think it is worth it. You can wait and see if a group buy is going to happen but I think right now there is just not to much available.

In stock as of 1-21-2014

#400 Small Rifle Primer*(1000 Count) | MidsouthShootersSupply.com
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

That is just a quick look. Back in the day they were <$25/1000 via the group buys, heck I think one group by it was down to almost $20!
Buying local is a joke....nothing.
I did score some overpriced CCI#400 at Cabelas recently, but only bought 300 primers cuz they were like $4.50 a box or something. Cabelas is a ripoff! But they had stock to rip me off! I don't even shop for .22 any more, still have my stash to play with and shoot and reload lots of other stuff and have a lot more fun than the lowly but much sought after .22lr bartering end of the world currency.

I just checked three of the places I would normally buy powder from... Empty shelves... Good for you if you're seeing some, buy it.

I paid 30 a K for primers and they were local from here in he classifieds section. I would gladly pay a little more and not pay a haz mat fee. For a while there were few people selling them for 30 a K. I think most are good on primers most people I know need powder. That is the hard one right now.

I just checked Natchez and I can get 10 boxes of Tulammo for about $30 a box shipped with hazmat fee. So $30/1000 is about the going rate. If you buy lower quantities than 10, then the price goes up as you are spreading the cost of haz mat and shipping over fewer boxes. I am only interested (can afford) 2 boxes right now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top