JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I kind of went on a selling and buying binge the past few weeks. I really worked on refining my collection a little bit and got rid of several old guns and added sveral new ones. At the end of it all, I wound up with one less gun that I started with and did spend enough money on top of the trades to have bought at least one really nice gun. Still, I am happy with the way it all ended up. I might have a gun less than I did before, and less cash in pocket, but I think I have a better collection now than before. :)

I sold my Walther PPS and bought a Kahr CW9.
PPS-CW9.jpg

I sold my Beretta Bisley and bought a S&W m66.
Bisley-m66.jpg

I sold My Ruger Bird's Head Vaquero and bought a Sig P232.
Ruger-P232.jpg

I sold my Ruger SBH Hunter and bought a Colt Anaconda.
SBH-Anaconda.jpg

Continued next post...

Continued from previous post.

I sold my S&W 637 and bought a Kahr PM9.
637-PM9.jpg

I sold my Springfield GI.45 and bought a Colt Govt. Series 80.
A1-Colt.jpg

I sold my Springfield XD-45c and bought an H&K USPc.
USpc-XD45.jpg

And finally, I sold my Beretta 84FS Cheetah and my S&W m659 and ordered a Dan Wesson Razorback. :)
84FS-659-RZ10.jpg

Nice guns, but I think in almost every scenario, I would have kept all of your old guns.

Nice guns and nice pictures.

Agree to disagree...

Now were just talking opinions but I couldn't agree with your trades more! It look like you upgraded in just about every deal and you also went from a blued collection to a stainless collection... Great work!:s0155:

nice guns man. I am jealous. You seem to have a thing for stainless
Ya' think? :D
Now were just talking opinions but I couldn't agree with your trades more! It look like you upgraded in just about every deal and you also went from a blued collection to a stainless collection...
Getting rid of most of my non-stainless collection was one of my main goals. I only kept a few non-stainless guns. My matched set of SASS revolvers, two Glocks, and an H&K P2000SK.
Nice guns, but I think in almost every scenario, I would have kept all of your old guns
That is not hard to understand. They were all really nice guns. They just did not fit my current, narrow definition of what I wanted in my collection. :)

I'm going through a much smaller rationalization at this point... Dumped a Korean War era M1 Garand - really want a WW2 one, and it was taking up space...

They are all nice guns but stainless is the way to go here in oregon....Ive been weeding out my non stainless for awhile now too but i am keeping some blued guns for summer shooting Like my marlin 1894 357mag its old as dirt but a straight shooter and a dang good jack rabbit and close coyote rifle. Some guns you just cant part with and the ones you can you always miss when thier gone. But when you have 3 giant safes full and see that (i have to have gun) what to do but sell and trade some more right.:s0155:

They are all nice guns but stainless is the way to go here in oregon....Ive been weeding out my non stainless for awhile now too but i am keeping some blued guns for summer shooting Like my marlin 1894 357mag its old as dirt but a straight shooter and a dang good jack rabbit and close coyote rifle. Some guns you just cant part with and the ones you can you always miss when thier gone. But when you have 3 giant safes full and see that (i have to have gun) what to do but sell and trade some more right.:s0155:
I wish I had three giant safes full. I only have one safe of handguns and one safe of long guns. :(

I'm going through a similar thing. The want to buy list is just too long to not trade out some of the guns I don't shoot much. Ive bought so many guns over the years on impulse, I'm trying to sell the impulses, and go buy the reasoned wants. I'm sure I'll be trading guns for many years to come though. I like your collection. I too have a model 66 s&w and believe it is one of the most balanced, easy to shoot revolvers on the planet in 4" barrel length.

Your 66 look's like the first edition model with the stainlss rear sight assembly and No Red insert in the front site blade!

I recall there was a recall on these models. The tempering on the contact bearing surfaces between the trigger and hammer were not quite right and there was premature wear!

Prove me wrong I don't care but just to be sure I'd contact S&W provide serial number. The was an easy fix; the exact same model's I had, had to be sent to Simmons in KC for the update and inside where the model number is stamped is another stamp indicating the upgrade had been performed...

how do you like the Anaconda versus the SBH? I've been thinking of getting a .44 mag lately. I've used an Anaconda before and I really liked it. However, I don't plan on shooting double action, and the SBH is a lot cheaper and easier to find..

Some nice trading there.
By the way I have a very nice new Star Trek Movie Messenger Bag, that is a Promotional item for the new movie.
I will trade it to your for one of used and abused auto loader pistols, preferably of the .45 flavor. I could throw in a couple sour grapes too. :)

Well, I'll bet the thrill of the new acquisitions are just as terrific as the trade-ins were back when. Seems to me that you upgraded in every case.

I might have held onto that birds head SA myself and maybe even the Bisley. About the only Rugers I ever thought looked classy. It would be hard for me to part with any SA with a classic style.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top