JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has been this way for quite a while. Can anyone say if this is just for cases of (alleged)domestic violence? It surely can't extend to a restraining order regarding property issues, or outspoken 2A supporters crashing Burdicks (allegedly public workshops), can it?

And when will this get challenged constitutionally? It cannot hold up, to deprive a citizen of their constitutional rights without due process.

By the way, 49% of domestic violence is initiated by the female. Most of those go unreported, I guess no one wants to admit their wife/girlfriend beat them up.

I wonder if that's like a typical FFL "transfer". Like $25 per gun plus the $10 OSP fee? I've met some people who would need to make several trips and go through a LOT of paperwork.

Personally, I'd just load them up in the truck and take them to a friends house. What possible incentive do I have for following that ridiculous provision of the law? There's absolutely nothing that prohibits me from giving away all my guns. Besides.. what are they gonna do, torture the location of my stash out of me? You could even lie and just tell them you don't have any guns.

..........By the way, 49% of domestic violence is initiated by the female. Most of those go unreported, I guess no one wants to admit their wife/girlfriend beat them up.

I never bothered to keep tabs on this statistic when I was in LE, but I'd say this is a bit low. I couldn't testify to it but in my opinion the "victim", (usually the woman) knew exactly what they were doing. They knew exactly what buttons to push to get the reaction. Usually that reaction ended up with a trip to jail.

To me the question on any RO (restraining order) request that asks if the respondent has or has access to guns in a useless question. Probably put in there by the anti-gunners. Believe me, any professional cop assumes everyone is armed. And do you really think a piece of paper filed with the courts will stop him/her from using them?

And as we all know everyone motivated enough can and will get guns. Legal or not.

Although.. With this new proposed "legislation" who's to say you cant just privately (and legally) give your firearms to family? The gov, let alone local doesn't know what all you've got unless you divulge the information. Hell, even my woman who knows darn near everything about me doesn't know what all I have or squirrel away.

Id say keep your firearms in multiple places, family's house, storage units, and lastly your own place.
Between all the different locations it'd take one hell of a warrant or perhaps a few, giving you more time and options. Ill be damned if the man can debar me due to some bunk poorly thought out new legislation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top