JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Like an idiot, I went into my watched threads, checked the box on a couple of them, and used the button at the TOP of the page that says "Managed Watched Threads" to stop watching those threads. As soon as I hit OK, I thought "oh bubblegum..."

Yup - lost ALL my watched threads.

1) Is there ANY way to restore my watched threads? I've got stuff I've been collecting into that spot for a long time.
2) WHY does that button at the top even exist??? It seems that the one at the bottom of the page (now that my watched thread list is very small, I see that button/function much easier now) would take care of the same process (by clicking "select all" first), but with much less opportunity for a user to nuke their entire watched threads list.

Hopefully your answer to my first question is "yes, we can." If not, well, I guess I'll pay closer attention next time.

Last Edited:
Like an idiot, I went into my watched threads, checked the box on a couple of them, and used the button at the TOP of the page that says "Managed Watched Threads" to stop watching those threads. As soon as I hit OK, I thought "oh bubblegum..."

Yup - lost ALL my watched threads.

1) Is there ANY way to restore my watched threads? I've got stuff I've been collecting into that spot for a long time.
2) WHY does that button at the top even exist??? It seems that the one at the bottom of the page (now that my watched thread list is very small, I see that button/function much easier now) would take care of the same process (by clicking "select all" first), but with much less opportunity for a user to nuke their entire watched threads list.

Hopefully your answer to my first question is "yes, we can." If not, well, I guess I'll pay closer attention next time.

Unfortunately, there's no way for you or I to restore a modified watched thread list :(

The button is there for people who want to quickly unwatch everything (such as me with 84 pages of watched threads), but I agree it can be dangerous.

The watch feature is very convenient in that you can set it up to be automatic, but for really important stuff I recommend the Bookmarks feature. This allows you to not only categorize your important content using tags, but also write a message to remind yourself why you added it to your bookmarks.

1579539208842.png

1579538958853.png

1579539180573.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply Joe. I'll explore the bookmark function more. Most of it was classifieds I was watching, so this accidental purge will just keep me from spending money anyway! :s0151:

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, there's no way for you or I to restore a modified watched thread list :(

The button is there for people who want to quickly unwatch everything (such as me with 84 pages of watched threads), but I agree it can be dangerous.

With 84 pages of watched threads, I can only imagine the "oh bubblegum" you'd be saying if you hit that button at the top of page 1! :eek: I only had about two pages worth when I did it...

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads