JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am seriously thinking of responding and asking how he plans on paying for this if I were to agree...
Hello, i'm interested in this gun, i will take it for the asking price if you can assure me it's in good condition, i live in Florida and i have FFL who will receive it for me..What is your shipping cost with insurance to 33063???

As long as the FFL can be verified on the ATF ez-check website and the payment clears (USPS money order?) before you send it to the FFl's address of record from the ATF website, what would be the problem? Does the buyer have a feedback history?

I am seriously thinking of responding and asking how he plans on paying for this if I were to agree...

You get a lot of this with them. I have sold a couple guns on there and every time I get some of this. When I would get asked I used to say "If you wish to do this you will have to contact an FFL here. Arrange for them to buy the gun from me, how you pay them is between you and them, then they can ship it to you." Normally I would never hear from them again. One guy did respond with "ok, that would make it too expensive". Not sure if he was waiting for me to offer to take a check or PP and then send it to him or not.

For what it's worth.....

Once, against my better judgment, I did a trade on Armslist with a person from another state. I had an m9 listed and was looking for a sig p239. It worked smoothly, and he agreed to be the first to ship to let me inspect it. Obviously went through an FFL. Wouldn't do it again, as the whole process made me nervous, but it went smooth as butter.

USPS Postal money order for payment. Ship My Gun for cheaper hassle free shipping to his approved FFL.
You can enter the zip code on their website to figure out the shipping costs and charge the buyer accordingly.
You will have to include a color copy (front & back) of your drivers license with the package for the receiving FFL's records.

Last Edited:
I sold a jm Marlin 44mag a few years back on armslist this way. The guy paid for shipping and both FFL transfer fees. I'd do it again.

This would work for me. The times I got asked about shipping it out this was my response. If the buyer wanted to pay the FFL here to handle it for them? Fine with me. I know I can legally ship it myself to his FFL. I was just never willing to do that. figured I would wait for a local buyer rather that do that. Even though I know it is OK, just the thought of it was enough to make me decline.

Why would anyone jump through all these hoops?

If you want to sell - do it face to face or not at all.

Wild guess, seller, if they need to sell, don't like what local shops are offering in cash, and can't find a local buyer willing. Suppose it would tempt them to jump through hoops to make the sale.
Buyer? Have to be the same I would guess. Some gun they are having trouble finding locally to them. Auction is full of people selling guns like this. Have to guess a lot of them must sell even though it can be a hassle. Last gun I sold here that I advertised on Armslist local bought and even that was a huge hassle. Met the buyer at an FFL of his choice, he has Government security clearance, and CPL, still gets a "delayed". So he and I go our separate ways. Days later he texts me to say the shop called him and said he got a "proceed", so we both have to meet up yet again to make the sale. Crap like this is why I own more guns now than I ever have in my life at one time. Then I don't "need" to sell any though. Others may often find themselves in a spot where they much more motivated sellers. Motivated enough to jump through hoops to make a sale, maybe.

As a seller, my experience has been that when I meet a buyer at the FFL, they pay me the cash I then I give the FFL my ID and phone number and then I'm out the door, as it's now between the FFL "who has legal possession of the firearm" and the buyer.

If the buyer even mentions PayPal or an electric method of payment. It's likely a scam.

There were a string of scams where guys would have you send the gun after a PayPal payment. You ship it to the FFL. They then put in a PayPal claim stating you shipped it to the wrong address. Which is sort of correct. PayPal has a zero tolerance for gun stuff so they award the money back to the buyer. Then you are out a gun and the money.

I have no idea of any of these guys have ever been arrested for any of these types of scams but it has happened a lot.

My motto, I don't ship. I don't care how much you want what I have. My store is located in Hillsboro, you want what I am selling, you come to me. I've been on the bad side of too many scams. It's easier to weed out those and piss poor buyers by simply making sure I never put myself in a bad situation again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top