Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Respecting your enemy

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by cascadianliberty2012, Dec 31, 2015.

1. cascadianliberty2012

cascadianliberty2012 DPR Portland Well-Known Member

For far too long I've seen something going on in our circles, pro-gun/conservative/libertarian/constitutionalist/etc., and that is people who clearly don't respect our enemies. The best example of this is when Obama/Brown/whoever does or says something I'll see posts of "____ is such a MORON" or "he's an IDIOT." First off, what does that really do for any of us, and second, you're totally wrong if you think this...

Obama/Brown/Floyd/Feinstein/Reid/whoever are not dumb people and are certainly not idiots. They are often very intelligent, but just so happen to be EVIL. They are up to no good. You're not dealing with someone who just can't seem to grasp that criminals don't follow laws, gun shows actually do have background checks or whatever, as they most certainly do understand that, but that is NOT the actual reason for their actions. They want disarmament so they can have their communist police state.

By insulting the intelligence of our adversaries, you would be committing quite possibly the greatest error one could make in war, and that is underestimating your opponent. Sure, large chunks of the masses who support the Monsanto PR shill S. Watts of Everytown are actually the "idiots" that you could be referring to, but that's only because they're being manipulated by the cunning, devious masterminds within the so-called elected positions.

This is more important than ever this year, with the expected moves by these powers to steal more and more of our rights by force. We have quite a fight on our hands this year in order to just maintain what we have now.

I urge you all to consider becoming aware of the fact that our enemies are not dumb, stupid, or anything less than intelligent people with nefarious goals. If we can come to this agreement perhaps our tactics can adapt to better resist and beat them back into the quasi-philosophical hell-hole that spawned them.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I agree with you for the most part, BUT...

Yep, all evil "geniuses". :rolleyes:

Being a crafty and cunning wannabe-tyrant doesn't always prove intelligence.

-FIRST, they're interested in preserving their power. ----

-SECOND, they're usually blinded by their ideology and consistently underestimate "tipping points" that will cost them (or their party's) power, even possibly their lives if the right tipping point is triggered.

-THIRD, it's a common tactic (on both sides of a conflict) to call names, ridicule, and belittle your opponent in order to rile up/inspire your side and disrupt the moral of your opponent.

ATCSDav, Slobray, DMax and 5 others like this.
  3. Stomper

C'mon... the likes of Jeff Merkley? Seriously? :rolleyes:

ATCSDav, Black Dog, RLS and 2 others like this.
  4. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

With the New Year, in response to the UCC shooting California’s new law goes into effect banning the carrying of firearms on all school property Kindergarten through Colleges/Universities.

idiots

Caveman Jim and Stomper like this.
  5. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

a better way to look at this is when discussing in response to anti-gun legislation we avoid the use of name calling tactics...
    first, we dont need to when explained civilly anyone will see how stupid they are on their own. Second, fence sitters and middle grounders will avoid considering any opinions along the lines of "communist police state" and various name calling... they are looking for a clear intelligent answer, see my first suggestion.

6. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

It is almost like they have had a traumatic brain injury and have an irrational blindspot when it comes to firearms. "No, no, firearms are bad. Nothing good could possibly come from a lawful citizen carrying one on campus".

Obama did not have an American upbringing except for the time he spent in Hawaii where he was stoned out of his mind.

Jerry Brown has always towed the liberal party line, so I don't think he knows how to think differently.

Kate Brown, our un-elected Governor is a lawyer so yeah, evil and power hungry.

What was Floyds major malfunction? His sister was murdered so he is on a mission, yet owns guns for his own protection. Brain damaged and elitist.

Speaking of elitist, Feinstein tops the list. She does not believe that the unwashed masses deserve Second Amendment Rights, yet she wanted to be appointed as an Air Marshal so she could carry on planes.

Don't forget elitist Hilary who said that "We can't have people just walking around with loaded guns". Plus she is a pathological liar and power obsessed. I really hope that the GOP has a "Monkey Business" zinger to enlighten the low information voters with in October.

And the puppet master himself Bloomberg who is the definition of Napoleon Syndrome. "You can't eat, smoke or have that because I say so".

Slobray, Capn Jack, Stomper and 3 others like this.
  7. USMC-03

USMC-03 Moscow on the Willamette (i.e. Portland, Oregon) Well-Known Member

Useful idiots for the most part; but there are a few who truly have totalitarian Big Brother aspirations and the aptitude for manipulating the unwashed masses. I have no respect for anyone who would turn citizens into subjects in as a quest for personal power; just a desire to see them defeated.

Stomper likes this.
  8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I will Never respect my enemy, it is my job to make them go away.

ATCSDav, Slobray, jluck and 6 others like this.
  9. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

When i saw the title to this thread this was exactly what i thought.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. cascadianliberty2012

Ignorance of proper terminology doesn't make them stupid, but to those with knowledge it sure makes them seem so.

I'm looking forward to that tipping point.

11. cascadianliberty2012

I think you are missing what I'm getting at, as there are up two different ways that respect can be used. We aren't talking about the "I have a lot of respect for you because of XYZ," this is the "I absolutely hate you and want you gone, but I respect the fact that you are a dangerous force to be reckoned with."

In the two different senses, we agree on the first one, but the latter is the one that I was going for.

Capn Jack, Stomper and STUKA like this.
  12. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I don't have any respect for those that would steal from us or seek to make us second class citizens. Yes, I recognize the power they have, but that doesn't mean that I respect them.

But I do agree about the grade school mocking and name calling. When I read articles, from either side, that start off with the name calling, I automatically drop the author down a few notches on the credibility scale. When It continues, I typically just stop reading. They don't get the opportunity to make their point if they insist on being childish.

Koda likes this.
  13. cascadianliberty2012

Are you sure? You don't think they do that deliberately in order to increase the odds of such a thing happening again, which would then "necessitate" (their logic) the implementation of even more laws (that of course, will fail to solve anything)?

Sun Tzu's first rule of war: Never underestimate your opponent. Thinking of them as idiots implies that such stupid people need not be taken seriously.

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Name-calling and schoolyard insults have always bothered me, especially when coming from our side. It really cheapens the message and reflects poorly when a well-reasoned statement begins with 'obummer', 'dumbocrats', etc.

15. cascadianliberty2012

Mockery is one thing, but when we lose sight of the true danger that the left poses, or when we stop taking them seriously because they're "just dumb lefties," we are doing so at our own peril.

You can never be over-prepared for any sort of conflict.

Capn Jack likes this.
  16. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think no one here underestimates the danger of the anti-gun politicians. They may not be the brightest bulbs when it comes to gun terminology, or even the actual function of certain weapons, but knowledge of these things (or lack thereof), while, at times, is laughable, doesn't diminish the threat they pose to our rights. They are dangerous. And while they may not focus their intelligence on learning more about guns and gun owners, they apply it to manipulating the laws and the voters to turn against us. They are never to be underestimated. And, it is highly likely they will never stop coming after us.

As for the name calling, I guess it depends on the place and time. People on this forum are tired of being talked down to by a President that thinks his podium is rather a pulpit where he can lecture us on our failure to 'do something' as well as an opportunity to force his will on the public, completely ignoring congress and the will of the people in the process. I am not a child, and I don't appreciate his tone or his attitude, or from the other anti-gun politicians that do the same. They talk down to us. They call us 'gun nuts', 'lunatics', 'psychos' and imply, many times, that we are just on the edge, waiting to kill people. They say we have no concern whatsoever for stopping gun violence. They say we don't care about the deaths of children or other innocents. When it comes to name calling, they are masters of it. The fact that folks here use the forum as a place to express their never-ending frustration at the endless attacks not only on our rights, but our character, hardly surprises me. Maybe it doesn't always help the message, but I'm fairly certain 95%+ of the time, they're simply sharing a sentiment among others that feel the same way, even if they don't say it themselves. Many of us don't get the opportunity to speak to gun people face to face, so, where, and when, does that frustration get to come out?

What I have seen are pro-gun people calling, writing and showing up in person to testify on behalf of our rights. I've watched and heard a lot of testimony and read many letters that were nothing less than respectful, well thought out, well reasoned and using proper terminology. SB941 showed that pro-gun folks are peaceful, well-educated and definitely respectful when it counted most. I can't recall a single event where name-calling came out in public, to a legislator, even when they were clearly just putting on a show and had no intent whatsoever to hear what they had to say.

People need to express their frustration. It's going to come out from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    ATCSDav, Slobray, vvt4me and 8 others like this.
  17. David Bowman

David Bowman Beaverton OR Archer Defense Concepts

They are not intelligent, because intelligent people would consider other points of view and not engage in ad hominem attacks on those they oppose without the facts to support such an attack.

They are dumb; because they stand mute in the face of overwhelming evidence that is proven over and over again that their stance, views, and beliefs are wrong and not shared by a majority of thinking human beings.

They are stupid; because they believe that simply denying access to something that can be abused will stop it from being abused (Prohibition, the Drug War, Gun Control).

I do not underestimate them; I happen to know their goals, so I want them destroyed, marginalized and ignored.

18. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO GET DOWN IN THE MUD WITH THESE PEOPLE THERE IS NO FIGHT

I DONT FEEL THERE ARE MANY MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM THAT ARE NOT PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL MINED, THEREFORE UNWILLING TO FIGHT OR OFFEND ANYONE

WE ARE LOSING RIGHTS ON THE WEST COST & NOW WE ARE BEING HERDED LIKE SHEEPLE
    GET ON THE ATTACK OR STOP WHINING

19. cascadianliberty2012

Intelligent people who are malicious and focused on achieving their goals don't need to consider other points of view. They don't care, why? Because they are uncompromising in what they want. The voting public is dumb, the organizers are not.

David Bowman likes this.
  20. Stomper

There's a term for those types of people.... "Sociopaths"