Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Resistance may very well start in New York State

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by chariot13, Feb 2, 2013.

1. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    RB87 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Naw, I've lived in the region. New Yorkers don't have the stomach for resistance of any type anymore, then entire new england region is a mess. Used to be liberty was authored there, now nannyism is.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

You have not been talking with my old friends in NY and New England that fought in bloody wars to defend this country and its constitution. The words Dictatorship, propaganda and Communist are in the air quite frequently.
    There are not enough jails to house the current criminals in this country now. What are they going to do with every gun owner they find in non compliance and becomes a new felon. Try to take there money in pending fines, that is what. Is this going to stop a convicted honest citizen from defending him or her self in the future? I think not, you sir underestimate your fellow American Citizens East or West North or South.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Excavator and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Resistance to/for what? They've already been neutered.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

With there left hand holding a hand full of nuts and there right hand reaching for a pen. Don't underestimate a citizens right to resist.

Black Dog and (deleted member) like this.
  6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

NYS may surprise you. Several CBS polls show that resistance may be in the 90+% range. Cuomo made a BIG mistake when he did not exempt LE...

Me thinks that this whole pile of dung will be thrown out by the courts, I don't even think it will make it to the Federal courts, but if it does get to the federal courts, that maybe even better...Maybe they will finally rid themselves of the Sullivan act. (NY does not have a 2A equivilent statement in their state constitution)...but since McDonnald, they do not need one, McDonnald was the first US Supreme Court ruling to incorporate the 2A to the states through the 14th A.

7. Bob D

Bob D Oregon, Cascades Well-Known Member

Wild generalizations. Condemning the entire population for the actions of their elected officials?

8. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

It will be interesting to see what happens. I certainly would not comply. I liked the older guy that got up and asked if they were planning on opening additional prisons to house all the people that wouldn't comply. It was obvious the government representative had nothing to say.

9. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

The guys in that meeting did not look like your typical Upper East Side Manhattan types...and I've lived downstate and upstate.

10. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

11. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

we need to support our brothers and sisters in this fight ,the second amendment doesn't stop at the new York border.
    The supreme court has already heard this case
    United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939), was a Supreme Court case that involved the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia. that was one of the arguments for the goverment

12. Angie

Angie Reno, NV Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I watched the whole 33 minutes. Those folks make me proud. Keep up the fight, New York State.

Nimh, chariot13, mosinguy1 and 5 others like this.
  13. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That crowd showed way more respect than those career bureaucrats deserved.

Avoiding answering questions about penalties? I thought compliance or penalties were the point of the law.

I really hope the rest of their informational sessions run as smoothly.

14. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I don't think so!!!!

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

I really hope they dont run anywhere near as smoothly. I hope eventually the citizens grow some nuts and it branches off into those sheriffs & the rest is history.

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Think you mistook what I was getting at. Guess I should have thrown an emoticon up:).

This was a good starting point. I really hope the people push back even harder. I hope to see a video of one being shut down early due to the spineless officials refusing to deal with a more animated audience.

17. Bob D

Oh, paranoia. You're going to be fine people. Just breathe.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  18. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Whew, thanks for that. Now I don't need to go to the rally this Friday and can stop writing and calling those elected officials since they're all pro gun now. No universal background checks (enforcable only by registration), no magazine capacity restrictions, no AWB. I feel better now!

Bob, I think you're dead wrong on the issue. The fight is far from over. The Oregon bills haven't even made it out of the judiciary committee. Do you have some inside source that says that none of the federal or state gun control bills will pass?

Don't mean to beat you up, but we cannot let up. This is just starting.

davemata and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Bob D

I'm not saying to let up, I'll be there Friday, and I send emails every day.

That doesn't mean that I think there's any chance of the government giving itself carte blanche to imprison otherwise law-abiding citizens for any of the new firearm rules.

Like someone said before, how many people in California didn't register their AR-15s, and how many have been thrown in jail?

20. Bob D

They probably will pass a law prohibiting new sales of 11+ round magazines, maybe even get a scary black gun law passed. No one will be criminalized for owning any of those items, and they won't try to take them away or even force us to register them.

The law's permanence will be contingent on its effectiveness at reducing gun violence, which we all know it won't do. It will end when they realize that it's a complete waste of time and money with no results.