Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Resilience NW

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Thebastidge, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

2. Pembertonxr70

Pembertonxr70 Seattle New Member

Sounds like a smart thing to do. How did you go about hearing about this? Know anything else similar?

Thebastidge and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

I subscribe to a lot of emergency preparedness Facebook pages, as well as announcements from my local CERT, the Medical Reserve Corps, FEMA, the local Emergency Management Agencies, Professional associations like the Information Systems Security Association, the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, The Business Continuity Institute, The Disaster Recovery Journal, the Association of Contingency Planners, Oregon and Washington Emergency Management Association, etc.

My shop (SW WA Surplus - Home and Southwest Washington Surplus - Vancouver, WA - Outdoor Gear/Sporting Goods | Facebook) deals with a lot of EMS and LE folks. We stay up on trends and try to promote preparedness and resilience in general in our community. As soon as I return home from Afghanistan in a few weeks, I'm planning to engage full time in being a consultant for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning. (Security & Defense - Home and Security & Defense Consulting LLC - Vancouver, WA - Consulting/Business Services | Facebook)

I'm certified in a variety of IT and other business continuity topics and in emergency planning. It's kind of a hobby.