JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received a new SIG P250 compact for x-mas. I was pretty eager to get this gun but, now that I have it, I find myself having some minor reservations about it. I am considering not even shooting it.

My biggest issue with the gun is how it just does not feel like a SIG product. Maybe it is because I am just used to the all steel SIG pistols, but this one just seems a bit "flimsy" in comparison. It feels more like a Glock than it does a SIG. That would be fine if I had bought a Glock (I like Glocks) but I bought a SIG.

The frame material just feels a bit cheap. The texture is boring and flat...and the same simple lines that make me like the all steel SIG pistols do not seem to translate as well into plastic. When I hold it next to my Springfield XD-40SC the XD just seems higher end. A Springer should never feel more substantial than a SIG in my opinion.

Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing and maybe it will grow on me in time...but, for now, I am not entirely thrilled. Maybe shooting it would take away any doubts or make me sure I do not want to keep it. I doubt 50 rounds or so down the barrel would hurt it's used resale value very much.

I just received a new SIG P250 compact for x-mas. I was pretty eager to get this gun but, now that I have it, I find myself having some minor reservations about it. I am considering not even shooting it.

My biggest issue with the gun is how it just does not feel like a SIG product. Maybe it is because I am just used to the all steel SIG pistols, but this one just seems a bit "flimsy" in comparison. It feels more like a Glock than it does a SIG. That would be fine if I had bought a Glock (I like Glocks) but I bought a SIG.

The frame material just feels a bit cheap. The texture is boring and flaty and the same simple lines that make me like the all steel SIG pistols do not seem to translate as well into plastic. When I hold it next to my Springfield XD-40SC the XD just seems higher end. A Springer should never feel more substantial than a SIG in my opinion.

Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing and maybe it will grow on me in time...but, for now, I am not entirely thrilled. Maybe shooting it would take away any doubts or make me sure I do not want to keep it. I doubt 50 rounds or so down the barrel would hurt it's used resale value very much.

C'mon..every maker makes some good weapons and some clinkers. If the XD seems better quality than that particular Sig maybe it is because it is!! Even Babe Ruth struck out. I try not to get hung up on brand names and look at the weapon in my hand.

I have have thought the P250 felt "blah" since the first time I held one but it's not just because it is poly because the Sig Pro feels really nice. The trigger on the P250 is about as good as a DAO gets though. Long but very very smooth.

Hey, PP: go Shoot it. If you are up to true DAO, you might like it, though it takes some practice to get good. The more I shoot mine, the more I like it. 9mm in SC, .40 in compact and .45 in full size.

i came about the 250 from a slighty different direction. i don't particularly care for sig products in general. i don't really like the high bore axis nor the way that hump behind the decocker forces my thumb low and in the way of my off hand getting a full suport grip.

imagine my suprise then, when the first time i picked up a p250 it felt as though some german engineer had snuck into my bedroom and measured my hand whilst i slept. nice sights, no offending hump, no clickety and awkward da/sa transition, nice smooth s&w revolverish (a good thing) dao trigger. luckily, i didn't have the cash on me and was forced to sleep on it for a while.

when i went back for another look and the novelty of finding a sig that fit had wore off, i took a more critical look. adequate, if unexiting, checkering, ho-hum looks, and a plasticky feel like that of a stevens 200 stock. i left the store, money still in my pocket, a bit bummed that i still hadn't found a sig that i liked. the checkering can be fixed, the looks can be forgiven as eccentric or austere or german, but the feel? not so much. glock, s&w, magpul, and a bunch of other companies have all managed to find a formula of polymer (plastic) that doesn't feel like plastic. the sig p250 just fell a bit short for me.

I would swear that the same guy that made the HK45 also made the grip on the .45 P250. The pistol fits my hand like it was custom made for it. DOA off of the bench, it will shoot 2'' groupd at 50' all day long. Comes with trit sights installed!! Best $450 I have spent in quite some time....

and

It's made 100% in the USA!

I had one. I traded it off. I loved the ergonomics, but the DOA trigger made it hard to be accurate (for me) on the range, and it was a bit bulky to carry, so it was only good (for me) as a home defense weapon, and I had other things that filled that purpose.