JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benelli Nova with 18" Carlsons barrel.

I have a Salvo on my Mossberg Shockwave. The 1.75" mini shells in that are mouse farts.
The Shockwave is still on the table. SBSd and threaded for chokes.

FWIW, the Salvo on an 18" gun is really fairly worthless, unless you hate a gun that points and swings properly!

The sound reduction isn't all that spectacular. If it weren't for the Shockwave and Minishells, I would consider it a complete waste of my money.

This is coming from a HUGE shotgun nerd.

The Shockwave is still on the table. SBSd and threaded for chokes.
Have u checked into buying a threaded 18" barrel only for a gun such as mossberg 500 or whatever? Maybe getting a standard reliable and cheap shotgun then swap out the barrel? Just thinking out loud/tossing out ideas and I have never researched what barrels are avaialable.

What made me think of it is I chopped the barrel down on my old mossberg 500 bird hunting gun to 18.5" and added a folding stock with pistol grip to repurpose it to a HD shotgun. The stock/grip was $50 new. Compact gun but heavy of course.

Maybe get a mossberg 500/590/whatever (or similar gun) and swap the barrel?

Let us know how the salvo 12 does in terms of sound reduction. Cool suppressor!

I recently bought a Daly M301 18.5 combat style 12 gage. It checks all the boxes for me. It was available and recently I saw them for $179! The only mod is a 1,000 lumen 3 position light and green laser!

This way I don't have to modify my 870 or 1100! I'll be sighting it in tomorrow with 00 buck at 25 yards! :)

What is the quality of the "New" Remington 870 shot guns? Looking for a combo of home defense and hunting. Ideas?
I have a "new" 870 but it is the detachable magazine one I think they discontinued? Its not anything like my old 870 Wingmaster. After buying the new model 870 I dont think I will buy another Remington, (coming from a guy who loves my Remington shotguns). There are lots of other good stuff out there. Just my .02

I have a "new" 870 but it is the detachable magazine one I think they discontinued? Its not anything like my old 870 Wingmaster. After buying the new model 870 I dont think I will buy another Remington, (coming from a guy who loves my Remington shotguns). There are lots of other good stuff out there. Just my .02
Under $500 best ideas for home defense and remote wilderness 12 gauge shot gun? I have a 5 round 20 gauge youth 3" Savage from the 1970's in excellent condition. Thanks.

Under $500 best ideas for home defense and remote wilderness 12 gauge shot gun? I have a 5 round 20 gauge youth 3" Savage from the 1970's in excellent condition. Thanks.
For ultimate reliability I would go with a pump. However the lure of ability to shoot at same rate as ar15 is intoxicating. That's why I have one of these inbound. Reviews r good but we'll see how it does. It's basically an AK in 12 gauge. Cost for basic gun is not bad. Gas port is adjustable which is key for me. I prefer short barrel for hd and long barrel for hunting.

Basic Lynx 12 (saiga 12 copy):

051394C0-187A-4CFB-BE6E-A86E1F809584.jpeg
Left side charging version

1B8C584D-0C11-420A-AC20-448BF16DA89E.jpeg
Lynx 12 with more compact and lighter 12 round drum:
ADE72BCF-42A4-4BB4-B7C4-83325EBA23F3.jpeg
With mods, mine will look close to this but will have folding stock and smaller drum:
3AEEFA4D-DBF0-4533-A874-6ADEE14E5393.png
All pics and video from internet

Last Edited:
One con to mag loaded shotguns is that you can not leave the magazines loaded.

When I was a teen, I had a 500. My friend had a Winchester pump... one fine fall outing, his broke, specifically where the pump connects to the action via a single small steel bar. I looked on my Mossberg, and it had two transfer bars. Thing was completely reliable for as long as I owned it, which was quite a few years and rounds fired.
I've had a transfer bar break too- when I was working security at a gold mine. NOT good! Since then it's been double-transfer bars for me..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top