JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had an 870 Express and M590A1. Currently got a 930SPX. M590A1 was my favorite pump. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. Keep us updated we're all anxious to see what you come up with.

Went around and signed up for a bunch of websites "notify me" things on that 590A1.

Any other companies make a 18" pump threaded for chokes? Keep them coming. Today's market, the more options to look out for the better!

...perhaps in normal times.
Most of us have other things to do than follow panic people pricing, you'll find a lot of my discussions allude to normal pricing that don't involve panic, consumer driven supply issues or greedt son of a fishes.

Even within a thread, there can be a wild swing in available pricing, you could start something in March of last year and by now pricing could double or triple.

1612389097903.png
Big variance, 4.3M checks in January per FBI.

We coo?

I wasn't attacking you, just pointing out the present reality. 590A1s are among the more expensive shotguns out there presently. Of course, I also think the are the best shotguns out there.

It's impossible to predict how long this current situation will last or what normal will look like afterwards.

Most of us have other things to do than follow panic people pricing, you'll find a lot of my discussions allude to normal pricing that don't involve panic, consumer driven supply issues or greedt son of a fishes.

Even within a thread, there can be a wild swing in available pricing, you could start something in March of last year and by now pricing could double or triple.

View attachment 819768
Big variance, 4.3M checks in January per FBI.

We coo?

I'd love to see that chart go back another 30 years.

Against better judgement, I placed an order for a Salvo 12.

It will live on a SBS Saiga clone primarily.

It's given me thoughts about getting a decent pump action.

Most likely candidate is the KS7.

With Remington dead, I don't think anything 870 is much of an option anymore. I don't even see the common clones anymore like the one I used to have. (H&R pumps) Likely as HR is also dead.

Anyways, I'm looking for all things 18" pump, that have external or internal threads. Specific model numbers are greatly appreciated. I've got months to wait this out, so I can at least get a least of stuff to keep an eye out for.

Thanks!

Reno
I don't know if it is threaded for chokes, but I have a Mossberg for sale on consignment at Jeremy's. Me and normal pump actions do not get along I found out.

It is pretty stinking cheap though.

I don't know if it is threaded for chokes, but I have a Mossberg for sale on consignment at Jeremy's. Me and normal pump actions do not get along I found out.

It is pretty stinking cheap though.
Which model? I'll have to stop by his place if I get a chance.

Which model? I'll have to stop by his place if I get a chance.
500. The barrel is longer and Ported. It is nothing fancy, just a classic mossberg pump gun. However, it could be chopped to 18 inches and threaded for chokes I am sure. I took it out once and for personal reasons decided that it is not a gun I want. The gun is in fine mechanical shape. The fault here is mine.

If you are looking to install chokes you can buy the reamer style kit from brownells and do it. I dont own one yet, I am a gunsmith and im looking to start my own shop here soon so that is certainly on the list. I will be doing this to my semi auto shotgun, as I cut it down to 21" from the 28" it was from the factory so now it has no choke thread. I measured the wall thickness and found out I can easily cut in the choke with that tool myself especially because the shorter you go typically the thicker the barrel gets, and as an added bonus you can pretty much chose the choke thread within reason. mine was mobil choke and I will be threading it to remchoke once I purchase the tool. it is a two part process the reamer cuts the inside then there is another that threads it.

First gun ever was a Mossberg 500 Pursuader.

When I was a teen, I had a 500. My friend had a Winchester pump... one fine fall outing, his broke, specifically where the pump connects to the action via a single small steel bar. I looked on my Mossberg, and it had two transfer bars. Thing was completely reliable for as long as I owned it, which was quite a few years and rounds fired.

I've had a Salvo 12 in full configuration for a few years on my Benelli M4. I don't think it's going to matter much what you put it on. It's still going to be loud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top