JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I requested a meeting with Lt Gov Owen. He is also the Senate Rules committee chairman and is probably the one that will make or break the silencer use bill. I requested a short meeting in Olympia on 25 February or 7 March, but I have no idea when it will take place.

I would like someone to join me. I have met with three Representatives about the silencer bill in the past and all of the meetings were productive.

Ranb

I would be willing to join. Although, I am sure there are more well spoken individuals that may advance our cause more effectivly. I think that face to face conversation is always more influential than an e-mail. I have been trying to figure out when the rules committee will be meeting again and all I get is the typical, what I already know. Rules committee meets when convient to the members and is something that isn't placed on the calander. I find this disturbing since the senate rules commitee is open to the public. How are we to ever know when to show up. We can talk to individuals before the meeting commences, and being there watching could surely help them decide to pull it to the floor.

I'd be happy to drive up if you'd like. Both those days work great as I'm not scheduled at my day job.

We appreciate your hard work and please let me know how I can help.

Mike D.

I am still waiting for his aide to contact me. I filled out the meeting request form online. It is supposed to take a week or two for them to contact me about the meeting. I also told them I was flexible on the date and time, so IF they schedule a meeting, I do not know how much advance notice I will get.

Ranb

I really don't know that much about the Lt Gov. So I did some googling. His Bio states... Lieutenant Governor Owen is an avid outdoorsman, hunter, and fisherman, and enjoys playing a variety of musical instruments including the guitar, drums, and sax.

But I also found the info about his son being shot, and a place where he was taking a neutral stand on gun control.

Has anyone had any personal conversations with him? or know his current public opinions on gun legislation?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top