Request for help: Looking for state-by-state background check information

Reactions
One of the things that has always bugged me about the gun-control lobbyists is their constant use of 'statistics' to scare the uneducated. We've all seen it: take a specific year/instance/category. Twist it this way and that to come out with an anti-gun number that sounds astonishing. And if only we had one more gun-control law, utopia would rain down on us all...

Anyways... this has motivated me to crunch some of my own numbers. But I'm hitting a wall in getting an accurate history of state background check laws in the US. Specifically:

1. Per year, what states have universal background checks?
2. Per year, what states have background checks for all handgun transfers? (i.e. the state may mandate background checks for hand-guns, but not rifles).

I can get a "today" 2014 account. But 5 years go? 10 years ago? What did it look like state-by-state back then?

Anyone have a good source for that?

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom