Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Req Info: Timeline of Mass Murders

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Vantage, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Vantage

Vantage Pacific Standard Time Active Member

I'm involved in an ongoing debate with an anti-gun friend of mine.

Looking for links to info debunking the claim that Mass Murders are on the rise. I know I've read Masaad Ayoob showing mass murders from the 1800's and I'm pretty sure I've seen a time line somewhere showing that in fact there HASN'T been an increase in mass murder incidents.

Hoping someone here has some good intel.

Thanks in advance.

2. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

mass murders have been around just as long as murder has been used as a word. make sure he understands that an increase in gun ownership could have had an effect on the fact that serial killers have not emerged in some time. i read an article (which i cannot find on google for some reason), that was showing when gun ownership increased in the 70's and 80's serial killers went on a decline and showed that many would be abductors/murderers were killed by the would be victim using a firearm. then went on to explain how these killers had a tendency to be incredibly intelligent people and may have seen it as far too much of a risk to randomly or systematically choose victims without knowing if that person is armed.

i think its a step up as far as controlling the crime when a murderer is killed immediately after their first time rather than having the people in the area live in fear of being the next person. still bad though.

i wish i could find it to show a link but i will keep looking.

3. LimPShoT

LimPShoT Oregon Member

Are you talking about the mass murders committed by governments on disarmed people or are you talking about the individual so called lonegunman?

The only thing on the rise here is the propaganda/false flag incidents.

Kevinkris and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

well said

5. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member