OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
Northeast Houston homeowner fires shots at intruder | News - Home

These are the kinds of actions which frustrate law abiding gun owners -
Do not shoot when there is no threat.

"...
"He put his hands up and said, 'Don't shoot me. Don't shoot me. I was just looking for a place to sleep,'" DiMarco said. "Then he hit my garage door button, my garage door opened and he took off running."

DiMarco said he then fired shots toward the man."

OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
Lewis County Sheriff: Man protected himself, family by shooting intruder | Q13 FOX News

"Lewis County Sheriff Steve Mansfield said he was happy the homeowner was prepared to protect his family with a gun.
Our response times are as fast as we can make them but there may be a time when you are by yourself and you are forced to make a life or death decision to protect yourself and your family, like this man did," Mansfield said in a statement.
The Lewis County Sheriff's Department is investigating the scene."

Reactions
DGUs average better than 1 million each year. Estimates have gone as high as 2,500,000 annually.

Gary Kleck and John Lott have both done some really good research on this issue and guncite.com has some excellent articles on the subject.

The MSM (Fox included) have been on an absolutely relentless anti-gun crusade for a couple of years now. It's only gotten more shrill since Newtown.

This is why it's so important for all of us to be good ambassadors and to educate our neighbors, friends, co-workers etc on this subject.

Reactions
Deputies: Waffle House customer shoots and kills armed robber | GoUpstate.com

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,” the sheriff said

Wright described Saturday's shooting as “another example of how a (concealed weapons permit) may save your life.”
Holy cow... Reading through that article, and the follow-up article... The parents of the thugs in EACH case, "wondering if an alternative to shooting could have been used".... How about the alternative of your "precious brat" NOT trying to rob someone in the FIRST PLACE?

Both instances, "my boy was a good boy, he didn't deserve to die", and in one case "my boy was never in trouble with the law before, this was out of character for him".... How about, HE HAS JUST NEVER BEEN CAUGHT BEFORE AND YOU ARE IN DENIAL?!

No wonder the world is going to utter crap in a counterfeit Gucci bag. :rolleyes:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom