JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a pellet gun. But the person rolling by on their bike had no idea and did the right thing in reporting it. If it had turned out to be the real deal with a nut job behind it we would be having a different discussion here.

This was reported on nextdoor
Via Katu news. Sounds like it was a homeless guy shooting rats (or so he says anyway).
5FCE910C-322C-415F-B6E8-B1DCFEA33A10.jpeg

That area has no tunnels on the bike path, so the tunnel pictures are likely farther south near Johnson Creek exit maybe?
The 205 bike path used to be a daily ride for me every summer to help me get my legs in shape for hunting season each fall, without having all the impact on my old knees during exercise. But it got to the point where I refused to ride it unless I had my carry gun on me. Then it got so bad that I was certain I'd get jumped or attacked before I could even get to my carry gun, so I quit riding it at all.
Anyone who rides the 205 bike path anywhere inside Portland needs to ride in groups, or they're putting themselves in danger. It might not happen every day, but ride it enough and you'll eventually find yourself accosted by some homeless person(s).

My wife showed that pic to me on the nosey neighbor app, Next Door, and I said, "that's an air rife".

The police confirmed this homeless guy wasn't trying to kill motorists on 205 with his air-rifle (because that'd be impossible, though rando vandalism is) I was pleased I could ID it as not a firearm.

I ride that section of the bike path. The homeless make it not pretty, but I've never felt scared of half-comatose malnourished folks sleeping outdoors. Not sure what the intense fear of them is about. I don't want them camping in parks or next to schools, but they generally seem...less capable...of anything that requires brains or force. Yesterday, I had to help a woman who was obviously dying--less than 40, stick thin with legs skinnier than my wrists and couldn't have weighed 80 lbs--because she was too weak to get into her wheel chair from her sidewalk bed. I'd bet 99.9% of homeless crime is personal property car theft, porch pirating and litter, in addition to whatever drug crimes they can afford.

Last Edited:
My wife showed that pic to me on the nosey neighbor app, Next Door, and I said, "that's an air rife".

The police confirmed this homeless guy wasn't trying to kill motorists on 205 with his air-rifle (because that'd be impossible, though rando vandalism is) I was pleased I could ID it as not a firearm.

I ride that section of the bike path. The homeless make it not pretty, but I've never felt scared of half-comatose malnourished folks sleeping outdoors. Not sure what the intense fear of them is about. I don't want them camping in parks or next to schools, but they generally seem...less capable...of anything that requires brains or force. Yesterday, I had to help a woman who was obviously dying--less than 40, stick thin with legs skinnier than my wrists and couldn't have weighed 80 lbs--because she was too weak to get into her wheel chair from her sidewalk bed. I'd bet 99.9% of homeless crime is personal property car theft, porch pirating and litter, in addition to whatever drug crimes they can afford.
"Civility crime " is the woke term you're looking for.

Since we live less than a mile off the bike path, I'd disagree with the 99.9% figure. And since I have a daughter who works with law enforcement I know for a fact the number is much different. And the crimes are far from just minor also. Everything from car and home breakins, to assaults on other homeless, and the public in general.
Many of these people have done drugs so long they now have mental health issues caused by their drug abuse. So they can react to all sorts of things we might think wouldn't cause an aggressive reaction! I've had them step right out in front of me on the path, and confront me. Often they have the crazy idea they own the section of path, and anyone passing through is an intruder.
Glad you've not had any issues, but I think you're in the minority, not the majority.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top