JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only be loosely following the Bundy Ranch situation. However, if this report is accurate, it is both alarming and infuriating as yet another government agency has operated with total impunity and disregard for citizen's rights. And I'm betting nobody goes to jail over this...yet again. :rolleyes:

Report: Bureau Of Land Management Committed 'Intrusive, Oppressive Militaristic Trespass' Against Cliven Bundy

A report by a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) special agent, who was later removed from his position in the investigation conducted by Nevada's acting U.S. Attorney Steve Myhre into the Bureau's 2014 standoff with rancher Cliven Bundy, claimed the BLM displayed "incredible bias" and widespread misconduct in the matter.

BLM Special Agent Larry Wooten sent his report to the Department of Justice; it was later posted by Washington state Rep. Matt Shea on his Facebook page. Wooten was removed from his position with Myhre in February; Assistant Special Agent Kent Klemen was ordered by Myhre to grab Wooten's notes and case materials from his office.

Whether you like Bundy or not is irrelevant. We should all support the rule of law. The BLM and the DOJ were out of line and I hope the judge follows through on the mistrial with a finding of prejudice so that they can't retry the case.

The governments third shot at the Bundy family ends in mistrial after judge accuses prosecutors of deliberate withholding of evidence. May declair it with predigest preventing a fourth retrial.

This is the Nevada case, not the Oregon standoff.

Mistrial in Nevada standoff is latest defeat for prosecutors

[Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas] spent 30 minutes in a packed courtroom citing evidence of misconduct by Myhre and his team.

The judge recalled prosecutors describing efforts to obtain records a "fantastic fishing expedition," ''urban legend" and a "shiny object to distract the court" as they denied the existence of video and log book evidence of a sweeping government operation covering a vast range half the size of Delaware.

Agents also set up corrals for protesters well away from the activity and designated them "free speech zones."

Navarro said she was dismayed to learn some 3,300 pages of previously undisclosed FBI and Bureau of Land Management records were turned over to defense attorneys since Oct. 10. The deadline had been Oct. 1 ahead of the trial that opened in mid-November.

Some contained references to snipers and surveillance cameras on hilltops around the Bundy ranch, which prosecutors had insisted did not exist.

The Oregon case is over (?) I think this is the last shot the Govt has to convict them of anything. I was buying equipment from the Fed near both events. It was hilarious to see how freaked out the Federal workers were. In southern Utah, they hired armed guards at BLM facilities 100 miles from the Nevada Protests. In Burns, they took the signs down from every facility and office that designated a Federal facility and closed most of them including the wild horse corrals. It needs to happen more often. The Government in general needs to be reminded from time to time that they do not have ultimate control. History has shown over and over that a few people in the streets with pitchforks and a charismatic leader can change everything. Non military or LE personnel working for the Govt in general are cowards. Afraid to compete in the general population for a living with the rest of us.

The tax paid sanctimonious with power continue to usurp the constitution and refuse decency.
The land of the free is a misnomer, but the home of the Bundy brave is spot on.
( :s0155:Bundy)

I haven't read a whole lot about this. Isn't it true that Bundy and clan didn't pay their one million dollar grazing fees for many, many years? Then Bundy and clan had numerous chances to get legal with everything? To take care of what needed taking care of? And when the feds came to administer the legal punishment that Bundy and clan took up arms against the feds? And killed federal agents?

Of course if the prosecution didn't follow proper procedure then that's THEIR fault they got a mistrial! It seems to me Bundy and clan were steeling from the American public though.

I haven't read a whole lot about this. Isn't it true that Bundy and clan didn't pay their one million dollar grazing fees for many, many years? Then Bundy and clan had numerous chances to get legal with everything? To take care of what needed taking care of? And when the feds came to administer the legal punishment that Bundy and clan took up arms against the feds? And killed federal agents?

Of course if the prosecution didn't follow proper procedure then that's THEIR fault they got a mistrial! It seems to me Bundy and clan were steeling from the American public though.
The liberal media has done the same type of hatchet job on Bundy as they are doing on Trump. The amount owed is a small amount of grazing fees and a large amount of penalties and interest, just like with the IRS. Please read up on all that has happened in this case. The BLM is being controlled and manipulated by eco-nazi and animal rights groups. Part of the new discovery materials was a government report saying that there was no evidence that any desert tortoises had been injured by the cattle. BLM has been arbitrarily reducing grazing permit acreage at the behest of the eco-nazi groups based on the thinnest of excuses.

Ranchers with grazing allotments are not mooching off the public. Grazing rights to public land must be attached to privately owned adjacent land. When private land that has these grazing rights attached is sold the sale price includes the value of the grazing rights, and the owner then pays taxes on that land in addition to grazing fees because that assessed value is added to that of the privately owned land. And BTW, grazing fees are not meant to support the cost of the grazing allotment program or land maintenance.

Actually, it was the Fed's/OSP that did the killing along with having a kill list...........
https://radiofreeredoubt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Larry-Wooten-Communication_77PI.pdf

Ray

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews