JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been loading M2 Ball ammo for both my 1903 and for an M1 Garand. Trying to keep it true to form and function. It shoots better in my '03 than my standard 30-06 loads.

I have always had better accuracy loading sierra matchkings with either 4064 or varget for my M1. I load a lot of 175 matchkings, the original load the M1 was developed with was a 173 gr boat tailed load. And the national match loads they used are also 173 gr boat tailed loads.

+1 on the IMR 4064 with 168s or 175s. 46.5 with 4064 or Varget and you will beat any ball ammo load, good stuff out to 600. I save my HXP or Lake City ball ammo for new shooters wanting to try out one of my Garands.

Ted

Most of my LC brass is what I use for plinking. I load using new Hornady brass for serious accurate target shooting. Not that I am in the competition shooting class though. I load the ball ammo up as a nostalgic thing. When I go to the range with my milsurp guns I get a lot of attention from the older veterans who appreciate the older guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top