JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What would you put on ?

• Real deal

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • High quality replica

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Don’t use irons?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save money for real sights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
So I've spents hundreds outfitting each rifles with real Troy Inc & Knights Armament and finally Magpul iron sights.

I decided to see how a replica set of Knights Armament licensed flip up Airsoft iron sights would hold up. I'm actually shocked..
$29.99 they are full aluminum with steel hardware!
Work better then Magpul polymer sights and feel same as Troy inc...

I wanna know your opinions??

594571AC-D103-48D0-A343-9235EB5D8B21.jpeg 81F5E35F-B709-4B0D-A96F-4F40ACC8E447.jpeg

If they hold up to the abuse you intend to put them through then why not? If this was my go to rifle for SHTF I want something battle proven.

If they hold up to the abuse you intend to put them through then why not? If this was my go to rifle for SHTF I want something battle proven.

True! See these rifles have higher end scopes and if my Trijicon breaks we have a bigger problem! Haha :D

I have seen both good and bad using the replica irons! It's a hit and miss sort of deal! I will say this, if you wanted to try a specific type or brand, but don't want to lay out the hard cash, then the "toy" might be worth trying out! if your talking stuff from EVIKE, itsa good chance the "toy" is actually the good stuff, so take that for what it is!

I have seen both good and bad using the replica irons! It's a hit and miss sort of deal! I will say this, if you wanted to try a specific type or brand, but don't want to lay out the hard cash, then the "toy" might be worth trying out! if your talking stuff from EVIKE, itsa good chance the "toy" is actually the good stuff, so take that for what it is!

Yup got these off Evike $29.99 and fast 4days from purchase to my door!

I wish I did that with diamond head sights ! Didn't like them as much as I thought

I had a set of allegedly US made 45 degree Dueck Defense knock offs, was a good test to see how I liked them. They were rugged, held zero, buuut the zero meant running the rear sight all the way right, so it proved the concept to me, but next go round I'd spend for better sights. 1/10th the cost of real was worth proof if concept.

Yup got these off Evike $29.99 and fast 4days from purchase to my door!

I wish I did that with diamond head sights ! Didn't like them as much as I thought

I bought the diamond head sights for one of my AR' s. Co-witnessed the with the red dot, confirmed point of impact and haven't touched them since. If i had it to do over, I'd buy something less expensive and used the savings on something else. If you've got a less expensive and workable option, kudos to you. :)

The "replicas" should work OK on budget guns such as the Hi Point carbines :rolleyes: (my 995 has a Primary Arms 1-4x scope, not a NcStar knockoff anything)

Although, my AR15 has irons and no optics, the carry handle sight were from a local guy, looks same as the "Colt" marked high end carry handle sights, and works great on my SARCO AR build.

Quality of the China made sights are hit and miss, even on budget guns.

More the gun than the sight though. For a 9mm carbine at 100 yards, 4x is really maximum, and factory irons are decent enough from Hi Point, although many owners swap out for other optics or other options, depending on their desire. Hard to cowitness 995 carbine irons with any optics due to HP's enormous iron sight "guard ears" :rolleyes:.

But for AR15s...... it depends. Personally I dont really see the advantages of the flip down irons if no optics are also carried? Also, no real advantage over a chopped A2 rear unit behind optics, other than being able to be out of the way of optics.

I suppose I am a KISS kind of person lol

The "replicas" should work OK on budget guns such as the Hi Point carbines :rolleyes: (my 995 has a Primary Arms 1-4x scope, not a NcStar knockoff anything)

Although, my AR15 has irons and no optics, the carry handle sight were from a local guy, looks same as the "Colt" marked high end carry handle sights, and works great on my SARCO AR build.

Quality of the China made sights are hit and miss, even on budget guns.

More the gun than the sight though. For a 9mm carbine at 100 yards, 4x is really maximum, and factory irons are decent enough from Hi Point, although many owners swap out for other optics or other options, depending on their desire. Hard to cowitness 995 carbine irons with any optics due to HP's enormous iron sight "guard ears" :rolleyes:.

But for AR15s...... it depends. Personally I dont really see the advantages of the flip down irons if no optics are also carried? Also, no real advantage over a chopped A2 rear unit behind optics, other than being able to be out of the way of optics.

I suppose I am a KISS kind of person lol
The other advantage to flip down irons is storage, space limitations in thin storage containers if your options are limited. In many rsc's you cant lay your gun flat against the wall or standing straight up with irons that dont flip down. Or packing it in a range bag the sights could catch on different things.
Itd be great if someone had the ingenuity to integrate the sights into the reciever and handguard without extra pic rail weight, :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top