JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
quoted from elsewhere on the net:

Australian Man Who Printed 3D Replica Guns Gets 50-Month Suspended Sentence, 12 Months Probation - The Truth About Guns

The case occurred in the Australian state of New South Wales which includes Sidney. New South Wales is the only Australian state that has made it illegal to possess the computer files used to print 3D guns.

New South Wales law also treats replica guns the same as real guns. It has one of the toughest laws on replica guns in the west. Replica guns that are legal in Japan and England are forbidden in New South Wales. Possession of non-firing replica guns in New South Wales without the same license required for real guns is a felony offense.

From australianpolice.com:

Replica or imitation firearms:

an imitation of any firearm which requires a licence or permit under the Firearms Act, unless approved by the Commissioner of Police.

Australian gun laws were rushed through to take advantage of the media push for extreme restrictions after the Port Arthur mass murder in Tasmania, Australia. The legislation was prepared in advance by radical disarmament proponents. It includes multiple bizarre sections that are slowly being reformed.

In Australia, slingshots and crossbows are prohibited weapons. Air rifles are treated the same as 12 gauge shotguns. Failing to lock up one .22 rimfire cartridge requires confiscation of all firearms and loss of the ability to posses firearms for life. Pocket knives may not be carried without a reason acceptable to the police.

Possession of non-firing replica guns in New South Wales without the same license required for real guns is a felony offense.

Because 6 year olds are the most deadly felons on the planet. Do squirt guns carry a death sentence?

No I did not .... I already do have one 1851 Navy , its from 1863 ...that said the one offered was a nice one.
Mine is the "upside" down one in the pic....
Andy
6.InterlakeMountainMenRendezvous.PistolsandHandguns.1959.JPG

I tend to not give a flying f for what other countries do with their gun laws. Just as we see their gun laws as ridiculous, I am sure they find ours just as asinine. And, if someone over there really cared enough about their rights to own a firearm, then they are welcome at any time to move to a gun friendly area.

The heavy restrictions in Australia have given rise to a new breed of criminal.... The Jeweler turned Gunsmith....

We're for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

To be fair illicit machine shops in occupied Europe were creating copies of Sten guns during WW2.. So the technical ability is reasonably straight forward, the only bit I can think of that cannot be manufactured at home is smokeless powder, primers and possibly the rifle button... Everything else can be improvised or legally acquired as a duel use product...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top