JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for recommending m4carbine btw. Those guys definitely have their sh*t squared away when it comes to m4's. So what's the good word then? How would you compared their 16.1 RECCE to an N4 barrel? I've read about MOA and I'm still confused. Is this regarding point of aim/impact? Or does this touch on bullet drop?

noveske's righteous.. i've run several of their stainless N4 barrels, sub MOA with almost anything you give them.

but it gets even better.. check out http://centurionarms.com/ . this guy is making chrome-lined CMV barrels that are guaranteed sub MOA.

Thanks for recommending m4carbine btw. Those guys definitely have their sh*t squared away when it comes to m4's. So what's the good word then? How would you compared their 16.1 RECCE to an N4 barrel? I've read about MOA and I'm still confused. Is this regarding point of aim/impact? Or does this touch on bullet drop?

not sure how to compare... the centurions kind of came out of left field and threw everyone for a loop. those who've bought them, and done accuracy testing, are reporting really good results. better than noveske? cant say, for sure. noveskes dont come accuracy guarantees, but they dont really need one, as their reputation always proceeds them.

MOA is "minutes of angle" and is in reference to POA/POI (point of aim/point of impact) deviation... one minute equates to 1" at 100m, and this is the current accuracy standard. anything under 1 MOA, or 1" at 100m, is considered pretty good. under .5 MOA is pretty damn good. weapons that'll shoot under .5 are very rare.

accuracy is, in fighting guns, generally not paid that much attention to. most combat-minded individuals rarely, if ever, shoot for groups- even with my precision guns, i rarely shoot for groups... so long as i can strike "hits" at whatever distance the gun is built for, i'm very happy. because of this, the acceptable accuracy standard for chrome-lined chromoly vanadium barrels is between 2-3MOA, with anything under 2 MOA being considered quite accurate.

for precision stainless or un-lined hammer-forged (or even lined hammer forged, these days), 1 MOA accuracy can be "expected." anything better than that is pretty much voodoo, but precision guys do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top