JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I sent a 738 back for service after shooting it out (multiple part failures after about 1k standard-pressure 380s) a second time. After 5 months the Repair Status changed from Received to "please contact customer service." I'm assuming they're going to offer some advance towards a new gun.
Any input? Leaning towards a 1911 or their 357 model 66. Opinions? Thoughts? Random abuse?

Sell it. Taurus makes crappy guns. Every single one I sold I regret buying them in the first place.

Now I'm sure some bubba will come here and talk about how great his is and he shoots 7 rounds a decade through it, but they truth is, they do not stand up.

Their revolvers are notorious for failure. The Taruus 85 was hands down the worst gun I have ever owned, and its in the hundreds.

Spend a little more and buy something of decent quality like Smith or Ruger. You can get a Mil Spec Springfield 1911 for $500. Hell the Philippine imports like RIA and ARMSCOR blow Taurus out of the water for a similar price.

Mid 80's model 85 and early 90's model 66, both flawless performers and could rival Smiths of the day... Older Taurus revolvers were of good quality. Newer ones, more questionable quality.

I've not had extensive experience with the semi-autos, but by all I've read on the internet, not the best experiences... As evidenced by your personal experience.

As I'm well-past any rosy glasses towards Taurus, if I'm getting an advance and I'm forced to buy one or lose the money (tempting...) I wondered if any of them would be worth getting essentially for half-off. I may explore the 1911 and use it as a sacrificial lamb for unholy tinkering and modification a la Frankenstein's pistol.

Please just take the loss or argue with coustmer service! If you have to get a new gun they should replace the revolver 5 months is crazy wait time

Now I'm sure some bubba will come here and talk about how great his is and he shoots 7 rounds a decade through it, but they truth is, they do not stand up.

Their revolvers are notorious for failure. The Taruus 85 was hands down the worst gun I have ever owned, and its in the hundreds.

Not sure if I qualify for this as my name isn't Bubba and I've shot more than 7 rounds through it per decade, but my old Model 85 has stood up pretty good. :p

I am interested to know what they offer you. Five months in the shop is insane. Almost as bad a Ford...... ;)

Mid 80's model 85 and early 90's model 66,
I was gonna say that my Model 85 and 609 (I think) were nice guns.
Both were born and bought in the early 90s.... maybe that's why.

If they won't replace it, I'd take the credit and buy something (these can not be bought online, the QC inconsistencies require close, personal inspection, IMO) I could resell as NIB or LNIB... better return on the "investment".

It's hilarious you could ask about a literal cat turd and half the people here would swing in saying how great it tastes and it's just as good as a ribeye.

Smh

That reminds me - I haven't shot my Taurus Total Titanium Tracker in over a decade. I suppose I should go put another 7 rounds thru it. :D

Seriously, I've had two Taurus revolvers - on the 4T mentioned above, the other an M44. The latter was nice, but I did not shoot it much before I sold it (or traded it? I forget). The 4T - I liked it, it shot well until it locked up (cylinder/barrel clearance too small). Nice to shoot for such a light .357, but I will never trust it.

Any input?
Yes, buy this instead!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top