JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was having trouble with priming on my press (turned out I had a bent indexer arm spring) and in the process of 'fixing' it one of the springs went shooting off into infinity.

Is there another way I can get the two springs in the priming system without going through Dillon? Are they just 'springs' or is there something unique about them? (dimension, tension, etc...)

In the past, the people at Dillon were happy to send me replacements but now it's basically impossible to get a call through.

Any ideas? It seems silly to pay 18.00 (once shipping is added) for two springs each under an inch long...

Seems silly to me to spend more time and energy to track down springs that you don't have anything to compare to. Yes, they are likely a standard stocking part, from somewhere.

Just get the right springs from Dillon. Yes, it's too much, but consider it a paid lesson. I bet you're more careful next time! :)

I'd also have them put a couple extras in, just in case. You could probably use some case lube, or some other small parts that will help offset the shipping charges as well.

Good luck.

Go to your local Ace hardware store. They have at least 50 different types of springs. I had the same thing happen on my 650. Easy fix for 1.50$ immediately. Bring the primer arm with you to assure the fit. Then order a spares kit from Dillon and wait. It took me 6 weeks to get primer tubes last year.

Buddy just wore out his primer bar. Called Dillon last week and they sent him a new bar, anti-friction plate, and spring under warranty.

Give them a call. Really easy to work with. Admittedly the phone lines are pretty clogged right now. If you have any other issues, when you do get thru, mention those too.

I was having trouble with priming on my press (turned out I had a bent indexer arm spring) and in the process of 'fixing' it one of the springs went shooting off into infinity.

Is there another way I can get the two springs in the priming system without going through Dillon? Are they just 'springs' or is there something unique about them? (dimension, tension, etc...)

In the past, the people at Dillon were happy to send me replacements but now it's basically impossible to get a call through.

Any ideas? It seems silly to pay 18.00 (once shipping is added) for two springs each under an inch long...
Have you actually called? I use their callback system and they have always responded within an hour or so.
When I lost springs I called them up and they just sent me some, no charge,
Call Dillon, use the callback option then go about your business until they return your call.

Have you actually called? I use their callback system and they have always responded within an hour or so.
When I lost springs I called them up and they just sent me some, no charge,
Call Dillon, use the callback option then go about your business until they return your call.

Actually I have been calling with no luck getting through. Or getting a callback.

Which is weird - I've always found Dillon lives up to its reputation for customer service.

I just figured they were too swamped. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Why wait till tomorrow? Use their web page NOW.

OK... Let me try again. On their web page, open a trouble ticket, describe the problem. Wait for a response.

In December I contacted them twice.

Once to order a 9mm conversion kit for my Square deal. This one I called then for as I don't like putting credit card info into web pages. Didn't expect to see it till March, however if USPS had met their shipping date I would have had it for Christmas.

And once a few days after placing my conversion order when I realized I had forgotten to ask for a replacement for a broken primer post. This time I used the web page to open a trouble ticket. The next day I received an email indicating my warrantee issue was being handled. I received the primer post in the mail the same day as my conversion kit (separate package) gratis.

Actually I have been calling with no luck getting through. Or getting a callback.

Which is weird - I've always found Dillon lives up to its reputation for customer service.

I just figured they were too swamped. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.
Sorry to hear that. . They have always been great on their follow up when I've called.
Good luck.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads